Employment and job seekers benefits

The following employment and job seekers benefits are offered to citizens who qualify. These benefits are managed and paid by central government.

Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)

If you’re ill or disabled, Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) offers you financial support if you’re unable to work or personalised help so that you can work if you’re able to. You can apply for ESA if you’re employed, self-employed or unemployed.  Find out more about Employment and Support Allowance (ESA).

Income Support

Is extra money to help people on a low income. It’s for people who don't have to sign on as unemployed. Whether you qualify or not and how much you get depends on your circumstances. Find out more about Income Support.

Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit (IIDB)

You might get Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit (IIDB) if you’re ill or disabled from an accident or disease caused by work. Find out more about Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit (IIDB).

Jobseeker’s Allowance

Is the main benefit for people of working age who are out of work or work less than 16 hours a week on average. If you're eligible, it is paid while you're looking for work.  Find out more about Jobseeker’s Allowance.

Statutory Sick Pay

If you're an employee and unable to work because you're ill you may be able to get Statutory Sick Pay. It is paid by your employer and can be paid for up to 28 weeks.  Find you more about Statutory Sick Pay.

Working Tax Credit

Is based on the hours you work and get paid for, or expect to be paid for, either as an employee or a self-employed person. Find out more about Working Tax Credit.

More advice

Please see our Benefits advice page for advice, guidance and assistance with the full range of welfare benefits. You can also use the government's Benefit calculators to find out how much Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support you may claim.


Come2gether logo