Help and support

The Citizens Advice can provide the following support:

  • Help to make and manage your claim online
  • Help and advice if you are struggling to manage your money.

Managing your money

The Money Advice Service has a useful money manager tool for Universal Credit claimants to help your money go further, and advice such as opening the right bank account to keeping on top of bills.

Accessing the internet

If you don't have internet access at home you can get free access at these venues.

Take with you:

  • Your National Insurance number
  • Details of the bank, building society or Post Office account you want Universal Credit paid into
  • Your tenancy agreement if you have one
  • Details of your savings or other capital
  • Details of any income that’s not from work (an insurance plan for example)
  • Details of any other benefits you’re getting.

Remember, you might also need these details for your partner and other people who live in your home.

Never used the internet before?

If you don't know how to use the internet or need extra support to get online there are advisors on hand at these venues.


If you're struggling to feed your family your local foodbank can provide emergency food and support in a crisis. You will need a food bank voucher from a referral agency.

Come2gether logo