Advice and support
Benefits advice referral
If you are not sure if you are getting all the welfare benefits that you may be entitled to, we can help.
We can do a benefit check to see if you are entitled to any additional benefits and:
- check if your existing benefits are being paid at the correct rate
- help you claim for new or increased benefits – including backdating claims
- help you challenge decisions to stop benefits – including help with overpayments
- help you fill in forms
- represent you at appeal tribunals
If we can’t help you we will refer you to a local specialist agency for further advice.
Request a referral
You can request a referral for yourself or someone else – just make sure you have their permission first.
Things we’ll ask you:
- The names and ages of everyone in your household and their relationship to you.
- Details of any benefits, pensions, wages, savings and shares you may have.
- The type of help you would like.
If your problem is urgent, tell us about it on the form and we’ll contact you as soon as we can.
Do not request a referral if you want to speak to us about a Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support claim - please contact us instead.
What happens next?
We will contact you within 10 working days to arrange an appointment.