Help in a crisis
500 free gas central heating systems on offer
- Do you own your own home?
- Has your home never been fitted with a gas central heating system?
- Are you are on a low income or in receipt of certain welfare benefits?
Give Healthy Homes a call on Freephone 0800 012 1754 to see if you qualify.
Mayoral Hardship Fund
If you are in an emergency or crisis, you may be able to get help with basic needs through the Mayoral Hardship Fund. The fund helps with the cost of food, fuel, clothing, toiletries, sanitary products and items for the home.
Am I eligible for support?
If you are a Liverpool resident on a low income you may be able to get help through the fund depending on your circumstances. Examples of support provided so far include:
- Emergency food and fuel
- Cost of redecorating after a fire
- Children’s clothing
- Cost of a medical report for a DWP benefit appeal
- Carpets to help make accommodation suitable for a child with disabilities
- Cost of installing a gas cooker
When you apply, we may identify that help should be provided under the Liverpool Citizens Support Scheme instead, which is another fund we run.
How to apply
Call 0800 456 1523 and ask for your claim to be considered under the Mayoral Hardship Fund.
You will need to provide your name, address, telephone number and the basic details of what type of support you might need.
We will ask if you need any help with benefits, discretionary housing payments or a referral for housing and debt advice during the application process.