Memorial options after cremation
Garden of Remembrance memorial plaque
If you wish to remember a loved one after cremation, a memorial plaque in our Garden of Remembrance may be something you are considering.
Plaques can be placed within the grounds of either Springwood or Anfield Crematoria, where we have many sections available to reflect and remember in beautiful and peaceful surroundings.
Plaque inscriptions are in black on gold, with space for five lines of text with a maximum of 20 characters per line.
With the option of a stake containing one or two memorial plaques, these are placed next to an existing rose bush in memory of your loved one. Where possible, we may offer a new rose bush to be planted.
The lease term is for five years, with the option to renew at the end of the lease period.
The gardens are maintained by our excellent grounds team, who will replace rose bushes should it be necessary during the term of the lease.
If a plaque goes missing, gets damaged or you wish to change the inscription, we will replace the plaque free of charge during the lease period.
You can have up to 2 plaques on one stake. If ordering a new plaque, you can choose to add a second plaque for an additional fee – see prices below.
If you have already purchased a plaque, you can request an additional plaque which will be displayed until the lease expires on the original rose and plaque.
Second plaques cost £47 and will sit underneath the first plaque on the same stake.
Renewing the memorial
When the five-year period is coming to an end, we will contact you to ask if you wish to renew it for a further five years, the associated costs and how to pay. If you do not wish to renew the memorial, the plaque will be removed from display.
Displays will also be removed at the end of the term if we are unable to contact you, or if you have not told us your contact details have changed.
- A Garden of Remembrance memorial plaque: £152.
- A second plaque, when ordering a new plaque: £47.
- An additional plaque added to an existing stake: £47.
- Replace a missing or damaged plaque, or change the inscription: No charge.
When applying, we will ask if you would like to make an appointment for the placing of the plaque and if you intend to scatter ashes when placing this memorial.
How to apply
The easiest and quickest way is to apply and pay online.
Apply and pay online [link to form]
You can also download an application form [link to accessible paper form]
Terms and conditions
When you purchase a memorial plaque, you agree to the following conditions:
- The position of a plaque does not constitute a marker location of particular cremated remains.
- The position of the plaque does not constitute any ownership of the space around the plaque or rose bush that may have been dedicated in memory.
- Roses and plaques are subject to availability of planting space within the chosen section of the Garden of Remembrance.
- Only one spiked flower vase is allowed per plaque – any additional vases will be removed and disposed of.
- Only loose, fresh flowers can be placed near to rose bushes – all wrapping must be removed and flowers must not be tied to plaques.
- We will remove any unauthorised memorials, or items which are hazardous or offensive.
- We reserve the right to alter or amend the conditions of participation of any of our memorialisation schemes.