Memorial options after cremation
Memorial wall plaque
If you wish to remember a loved one after cremation, a memorial plaque displayed in the Garden of Remembrance or Book of Remembrance room may be something you are considering.
Both options are available at Anfield and Springwood crematoria for a five-year period, with the option to renew at the end of the lease term.
Each wall-mounted plaque is engraved in a gold finish with space for 80 characters, and you can choose to add a motif or photograph of the deceased. Motif options include:
The motif options shown above include a bird, rose, cross, teddy and footballer.
Renewing the memorial
When the five-year period is coming to an end, we will contact you to ask if you wish to renew it for a further five years, the associated costs and how to pay. If you do not wish to renew the memorial, we will remove it from the display to make space for others.
Displays will also be removed at the end of the term if we are unable to contact you, or if you have not told us your contact details have changed.
- Memorial plaque with inscription: £229
- Memorial plaque with inscription and motif: £252
- Memorial plaque with inscription and photograph: £299
How to apply
The easiest and quickest way is to apply and pay online.
If you choose a plaque with photograph, you will be prompted to upload this during the application process. The photograph must be clear, and not exceed xx in size – Mike to confirm if max file size needs to be specified.
If you don’t have an image showing the person on their own and you’re unable to edit it, you can tell us on the form what you want to include. For example, ‘person on the right to be used on memorial’.
Apply and pay online [link to form]
You can also download an application form [link to accessible paper form]
What happens next?
We will contact you when the plaque is ready. We can either place the plaque for you and let you know when complete, or we can arrange an appointment for you to attend for placement.
To maintain appearance of the memorial plaque walls, our team will determine where to place it. If you have existing memorials on the wall we will try to allow for placement near these.
Terms and conditions
- Before completing any application, customers must read our privacy notice which explains how we process and store your personal data.
- Orders for memorial wall plaques are accepted on the subject of availability on the available locations.
- Memorial Wall Plaques are provided on a 5-year lease which can be renewed.
- No other form of memorial or commemoration, other than those supplied and installed by the authority, may be placed within the crematoria buildings or grounds.
- To maintain the appearance of the memorial plaque walls any unauthorised items such as containers or artefacts, will be removed and disposed of which includes any items place on or within the plaques on display.
- Items placed on the ground in front of the memorial plaque walls, with exception of spiked flower vases which are available for use for special occasions, will be removed and disposed of to ensure the appearance of the crematoria grounds and to ensure sufficient space for all lease holders.
- At the end of the display period, the council will endeavour to contact the applicant to offer a renewal of the memorial agreement with the amount payable being the full fee applicable at that time. If the agreement is not renewed, the memorial item will be removed from display.
- The council reserves the right to alter or amend the product and Conditions of Participation of any of its memorialisation schemes.