Memorial options after cremation
Colonnade wall niche
If you wish to remember a loved one after cremation, ashes placed in the colonnade wall niche at Anfield Crematorium may be something you are considering.
Only the registered holder of the ashes can apply for a wall niche.
The niche can contain two sets of ashes, sealed with a plaque frontal with inscription. A photograph of the deceased may also be added to the plaque.
When requesting a new niche, you can place one set of ashes and add a second set at a later date. You can also leave space on the plaque for a second inscription and photograph – or you may prefer to change the original photograph.
You can choose a five or ten-year display period.
An example of what the wall niche looks like is below:
Renewing the memorial
When the display period is coming to an end, we will contact you to ask if you wish to renew it for a further five or ten-year term, the associated costs and how to pay. If you do not wish to renew the memorial, you can collect the cremated remains within three months.
Displays will also be removed at the end of the term if we are unable to contact you, or if you have not told us your contact details have changed. If no-one collects the remains after three months, we will scatter them in our garden of remembrance.
Colonnade wall niche costs
- 5-year display lease: £229
- 10-year display lease: £456
- Inscription: £3.10 per character
- Photo: £65
How to apply
The easiest and quickest way is to apply online.
The applicant must be the registered holder of the ashes and you will need to supply the cremation number of the deceased.
If your request is for a second inscription, you’ll also need to provide details of the existing niche, including the bay, row and niche number.
If you wish to add a photograph, you will be prompted to upload this during the application process.
If you don’t have an image showing the person on their own and you’re unable to edit it, you can tell us on the form what you want to include. For example, ‘person on the right to be used on memorial’.
What happens next?
We will contact you about your request and confirm the price with you. If you are happy to proceed, we will send you a link to make your payment.
When the plaque is ready we will contact you to arrange an appointment for the ashes to be placed within the niche and fix the plaque to the wall.
Terms and conditions
- Before completing any application, customers must read our privacy notice which explains how we process and store your personal data.
- Orders for a colonnade wall niche are accepted subject to availability.
- Niches are provided on a 5-year or 10-year lease term which can be renewed.
- No other form of memorial or commemoration, other than those supplied and installed by the authority, may be placed within the colonnade.
- To maintain the appearance of the memorial plaque walls any unauthorised items such as containers or artefacts, will be removed and disposed of which includes any items place on or within the colonnade.
- At the end of the display period, the council will endeavour to contact the applicant to offer a renewal of the memorial agreement with the amount payable being the full fee applicable at that time. If the agreement is not renewed, the memorial item will be removed from display. If ashes are not collected within 3 months we will scatter them in our garden of remembrance.
- The council reserves the right to alter or amend the product and Conditions of Participation of any of its memorialisation schemes.