Brexit: Advice for residents
The government’s website GOV.UK offers a wide range of information for residents as we prepare for an exit from the EU.
The information covers the following topics:
- work - workplace rights and working in the EU
- business and industry - consumer rights, banking and selling online
- education, training and skills - studying abroad and Erasmus+
- going and being abroad- passports, foreign travel advice, pet travel and mobile roaming fees
- transport - driving abroad, vehicle insurance and flying to the EU
- environment - environmental standards and food labels
EU nationals living in the UK
If you live in the UK and are from the EU, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Switzerland, you will need to apply for settled status via the government’s EU settlement scheme.
If you need help with the scanning element of your application, we will be offering an ID scanning service from Tuesday 2nd April 2019.
UK nationals living in the EU
Information on the rights and status of UK nationals living in the European Union, European Economic Area (EEA) and European Free Trade Area (EFTA), and Switzerland is also available on GOV.UK.