County District Centre Business Improvement Grant
Between October 2021 and April 2022, we will deliver a series of projects designed to support the regeneration of County District Centre (CDC), through the Liverpool City Region Town Centre Fund. One of these projects is the County District Centre Business Improvement Grant (BIG).
The BIG scheme is open
The BIG scheme is open for applications from small and micro businesses and you can apply online below.
About this document
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
Who can apply?
To be eligible for a BIG, your businesses must:
- have ongoing commercial property-related costs
- be a small or micro business as defined by the Companies Act 2006. This means that it must meet two of the following criteria:
- have a turnover of less than £10.2m each year
- have a balance sheet total of less than £5.1m each year
- employ less than 50 people
- be based within the area of the CDC Liverpool, as defined on the plan of the area above, and have been trading on or before 1st June 2021.
- be Subsidy Control compliant - this was formerly known as State Aid
- employ one or more people - a sole director, or self-employed person count as one staff member
- not be a dormant company - you must still be trading and continuing to trade with a view to making a profit or surplus. You cannot apply if your business has been dissolved or about to be dissolved, is insolvent or if insolvency action had been instigated against it
- provide a Unique Taxpayer Reference for the sole trader/self-employed, or a Companies House Number
- submit a letter from a registered or chartered accountant which confirms the business is operational and not insolvent, and either a small or micro business
Before you apply, please:
- read the BIG grant fund scheme guidance notes in full
- read the terms and conditions of the BIG grant fund scheme
What can a grant be spent on?
The BIG scheme is for businesses to deliver projects that will improve the operation of the business and contribute towards the improvement of County District Centre. If successful, a business can use the grant to:
- pay for specialist one-to-one advice, such as advice on accountancy, finance, legal matters, health and safety or ICT support
- purchase minor equipment to support the business.
- make internal alterations to the business property which do not require planning permission or building consent.
How to apply
If you meet the criteria for a County District Centre Business Improvement Grant, apply online below.
We will review your application and let you know if you are entitled to a payment.
How much is the grant and when will it be paid?
Businesses can apply for a grant of up to a minimum of £500 and maximum of £3,000. The grant will cover 100% of the total cost of an agreed project - to a maximum value of £3,000.
The grant will be paid to the applicant after the project has been completed.
Successful applicants will receive a grant offer letter, setting out the terms of the grant. The applicant will be asked to agree the terms of the grant, and once agreed, the project can begin and complete. The grant will be paid to the applicant’s bank account after completion of the project.
By accepting a grant payment you must confirm that you are not in breach of subsidy allowance or state aid rules, as appropriate.
For further information please email CDCTeam@liverpool.gov.uk.