Business support and advice
Brexit - support for businesses
Help from central government
GOV.UK has an online tool that you can use to check how leaving the EU may affect your business.
It will guide you to information specific to your industry as well as setting out changes to rules and regulations that you may need to consider.
Help from Liverpool Chamber of Commerce
The chamber has also developed a Business Brexit Checklist.
Regional Brexit Council
A regional Brexit Council has also been set up to represent the private and public sectors across the city region.
Council members will share intelligence and work together to offer co-ordinated responses to local and national government.
The council is chaired by Asif Hamid MBE, chair of the Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP).
The members of the Brexit Council are as follows:
- Tony Reeves, chief executive, Liverpool City Council
- Mark Basnett, managing director, LEP
- Frank Rogers, acting chief executive, LCR Combined Authority
- Mark Bousfield, director of commercial development and investment, Liverpool City Region Combined Authority
- Kath Boullen, chief executive, St Helens Chamber
- Phil McCabe, development manager, Federation of Small Businesses
- Damian Waters, regional director, North West Confederation of British Industry
- Lynn Collins, regional secretary, TUC
- Prof Dame Janet Beer, vice chancellor, University of Liverpool
- Elaine Bowker, principal and chief executive, The City of Liverpool College Group
- Mark Whitworth, chief executive, Peel Ports Group
- Stuart Lord, director of operations, Jaguar Land Rover
- Mike Hulme, managing director, trains and modernization, Alstom
- Rob Carden, Assistant Chief Constable, Merseyside Police
- Dr Liz Mear, chief executive, Innovation Agency
- Mike Gibney, director of workforce and innovation, The Walton Centre
- Jon Hague, vice president operations and open innovation, Unilever
- Tom Carter, area director corporate banking, HSBC
- Frank McKenna, chief executive, Downtown in Business