Relief and reductions
Small business rate relief
You can get small business rate relief if your business property’s rateable value is less than £15,000 and you only occupy one property. In some cases you may still get relief if you have a second property.
If you use more than one property
When you get a second property, you'll keep getting any existing relief on your main property for 12 months.
You can still get small business rate relief on your main property after this if both the following apply:
- None of your other properties have a rateable value above £2,899.
- The total rateable value of all your properties is less than £20,000.
Do I need to apply?
You do not need to apply for relief, it will automatically be included on your rates bill. If the relief is not showing on your bill and you think you may be eligible please contact us.
How much will I get?
The rates are set out below:
- Properties with a rateable value of £12,000 or less qualify for 100% relief.
- Properties with a rateable value of £12,001-£15,000 qualify for tapered relief - which means the relief will gradually reduce from 100% at £12,000 to 0% at £15,000.
Tell us about a change of circumstances
You must contact us and tell us if:
- You occupy an additional property.
- The rateable value of a property you occupy in another local authority area increases.