Mayoral Active Sports Fund
Opening date: Monday 21st May 2018
Closing date: Monday 18th June at 5pm
A £10,000 funding pot has been established by the Mayor to directly engage local communities to increase opportunities to access sport.
Funding of up to £500 per group or organisation can be accessed by a range of community groups, civic organisations, volunteer groups, clubs and providers based in Liverpool to benefit local communities.
How much is available?
You will be able to apply for a grant up to £500, one application per organisation.
Who can apply?
Not for profit voluntary community organisations, voluntary sports clubs and physical activity providers.
Organisations must be based within Liverpool boundaries and benefit the local communities or workplaces in the city.
What you will need to apply
- A governing document.
- A bank account in the name of the organisation with two unrelated cheque signatories. Please do not send details in with your application.
What can the grants be used for?
We welcome applicants who will work together on a wide range of activities and share resources in order to:
- Help start new initiatives and activities linked to recognised sports – including walking variations.
- Target people doing less than 150 minutes moderate activity per week, particularly those doing less than 30 minutes moderate activity per week.
- Engage volunteers who are new to volunteering in sport.
- Be linked to local schools or groups.
You will be expected to demonstrate how your bid reflects the communities you are working with.
Grants will not be awarded for:
- Projects carried out by individuals.
- Projects which duplicate existing services.
- Staff salaries and management costs
- Purchase of vehicles or IT equipment.
- General appeals, fundraising or overseas travel.
- Purchase of alcohol.
How to apply
Please return your completed form by email to email@example.com
The deadline for applications 5pm on Monday 18th June 2018.
If you need advice or would like to discuss your project idea with us, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0151 233 4259.