Houses in multiple occupancy
HMO licence guidance
If you rent rooms in a multiple occupancy home the property must meet the required health, safety and welfare standards for tenants.
- Guidance on Standards and Management of Houses in Multiple Occupation.
- Find out more about these standards.
- Housing Health and Safety Rating System booklet.
- Lacors Fire Safety Guidance booklet.
- Landlords' guide to fire risk assessment in residential properties.
Find out more
Help and advice
You can also meet with a licensing officer for information and advice about your HMO. The charge for this service is £74.20 per hour. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment.