Selective licences for privately rented homes
From 1st April 2022, all rented homes in certain parts of Liverpool must be licensed. Find out more about the scheme
CLASS accreditation scheme for landlords
CLASS is a landlord accreditation scheme which gives public recognition for being a good landlord and a range of benefits otherwise not available.
It is voluntary and landlords are under no legal obligation to apply for accreditation. It is free to join.
How the scheme benefits landlords
Benefits of the scheme include:
- Being publicly recognised as a good landlord.
- Properties owned by you will be given priority when the council offers contracts for housing provision.
- Improved access to council services via a landlord accreditation officer.
- A £50 discount on the HMO licence fee.
- As a CLASS registered landlord you can advertise vacant private rental property in Merseyside and Halton via Property Pool Plus. If you'd like to use Property Pool Plus to advertise your properties please sign up online here.
How to apply
Before you apply please read these documents:
Then apply online using the link below or download, complete and return the paper forms. The relevant safety certificates can be uploaded with the online form or posted to the Public Protection Service if you use the paper forms (address is on paper application form).
For more information contact the CLASS Accreditation Team.