Markets and street trading
Coronavirus update - markets reopening schedule
St John’s Market and University Square remain closed
Great Homer Street Market has reopened
Monument Place Market - reopens on Tuesday 21st July 2020
Garston Market - reopens on Friday 24th July 2020
Woolton Farmers' Market - reopens on Saturday 8th August 2020
Allerton Farmers' Market - reopens on Saturday 15th August 2020
Lark Lane Farmers' Market - reopens on Saturday 22nd August 2020
Trading at markets and farmers markets
Our casual markets include: Garston, Great Homer Street, Monument Place and Tuebrook.
Applying for a stall at a casual market
Casual traders wishing to attend one of the casual markets must arrive at your chosen market between 7am and 8am. You must bring the following:
- An original Public Liability document to the sum of £5m.
- Two forms of identification – one photographic (passport or driving licence) and a utility bill issued within the previous three months.
- The name and address on the identification must be the same as on your insurance.
You will be required to complete a registration form on the day, which the Market Manager will provide you with.
The following charges apply:
- Garston - £4.92 per metre (£1.50 per foot frontage).
- Great Homer Street - £6.89 per metre (£2.10 per foot frontage).
- Monument Place - £4.10 per metre (£1.25 per foot frontage).
- Tuebrook - £6.89 per metre (£2.10 per foot frontage).
If you are interested in applying for a permanent indoor stall at St John’s market or a casual indoor stall at Great Homer Street market you can:
Contact the Market Managers:
- David Wightman (St John's Market) on 07834 808 442.
- Lance Cahill (Great Homer Street Market) on 07801 406 106.
To apply for a stall on a farmers market, contact Liverpool Markets Team on 07720 829985 or 0151 707 2663 for an application form.
The charge for a stall on any farmers market is £35 per stall, per market day.