Markets and street trading
Coronavirus update - Liverpool markets
With the exception of the food hall in St John's Market and Liverpool Food Hub on Electric Avenue, all markets and farmers markets are now closed until further notice due to national lockdown restrictions.
Trading at markets and farmers markets
Our casual markets include: Garston, Great Homer Street, Monument Place and Tuebrook.
Applying for a stall at a casual market
Casual traders wishing to attend one of the casual markets must arrive at your chosen market between 7am and 8am. You must bring the following:
- An original Public Liability document to the sum of £5m.
- Two forms of identification – one photographic (passport or driving licence) and a utility bill issued within the previous three months.
- The name and address on the identification must be the same as on your insurance.
You will be required to complete a registration form on the day, which the Market Manager will provide you with.
The following charges apply:
- Garston - £4.92 per metre (£1.50 per foot frontage).
- Great Homer Street - £6.89 per metre (£2.10 per foot frontage).
- Monument Place - £4.10 per metre (£1.25 per foot frontage).
- Tuebrook - £6.89 per metre (£2.10 per foot frontage).
If you are interested in applying for a permanent indoor stall at St John’s market or a casual indoor stall at Great Homer Street market you can:
Contact the Market Managers:
- David Wightman (St John's Market) on 07834 808 442.
- Lance Cahill (Great Homer Street Market) on 07801 406 106.
To apply for a stall on a farmers market, contact Liverpool Markets Team on 07720 829985 or 0151 707 2663 for an application form.
The charge for a stall on any farmers market is £35 per stall, per market day.