Disabled Facilities Grant - Means test of resources
We are asking you to complete this application because you don’t receive a means tested benefit and we need to determine if you can afford to pay for the adaptations to your home, which were identified during your Occupational Therapy (OT) assessment.
Before you begin
You’ll need to provide certain facts and figures as part of this means test for you and your partner. The things that we may ask for are listed below, so have them to hand before you start, along with any digital copies you may be requested to upload - this will make it easier for you to complete the process.
If you prefer you can post your documents to us. We'll tell you where to post them in your confirmation email.
If posting your documents, we recommend sending copies rather than originals. If you do send originals we cannot return documents unless you provide a prepaid envelope. We cannot be held responsible for the loss of any original documentation.
Need help completing the form?
- You can complete the form online at your local One Stop Shop - remember to take your proof documents with you. Staff will be on hand to help you complete the process.
- You can also get free and confidential help and advice from Age Concern.
Things we may ask for:
- Your National Insurance number
- Disability Award Notice
- Property deeds
- Details and proof of any allowances or benefits
- Benefits contribution letter
- Proof of earnings (copy of the last 13 wage slips if paid weekly, or the last three months if paid monthly or confirmation of pay if you’ve recently started work)
- Accounts for the last financial year if self-employed or a summary of trading records if trading for less than six months.
- Proof of any type of pensions or pension benefits you receive (including state pension)
- Most recent monthly statements for all bank, savings and investments accounts you hold (including any joint accounts)
- Proof on any childcare charges you pay
- Details of any other income, for example, lodgers, maintenance, career development loans etc.
We will contact you within 10 working days to discuss your application.