Care leavers - your health and wellbeing
When you leave care, we want to help you continue to be as healthy as possible. This means that you are entitled to a wide range of support.
You will continue to have access to:
- the looked after children nurse
- the Children and Mental Health Service until the age of 18, or adult mental health services after the age of 18, if you need it
We can also help you access substance abuse, sexual health and domestic abuse services, and services which will support you if you are a parent.
Advice and support from your PA
You can ask your PA to help you register with a GP or dentist and to come along to health appointments with you, if you feel you need that level of support.
In addition, your PA can offer practical help and advice on:
- your health and happiness
- smoking, drugs and alcohol
- sexual health, relationships and contraception
- diet and healthy eating
- dentists and opticians
Free Lifestyles membership
Your PA will put you in touch with us, the leaving care team, or you can contact us directly if you need extra support.