Education, training and work for care leavers

We have specialist employment and education advisers who will work with you to find the right education, training or work opportunities.

Still at school?

Your PA will liaise with our virtual school team to make sure you get any additional help you need at school that is set out in your personal education plan. 

If you are not at school in Liverpool but are in our care, we can make sure we talk to the right people to get you the support you need.

In college?

We can help pay for the following while you study at a further education college:

  • travelling to and from college
  • books and equipment
  • the cost of field trips
  • registration and exam fees is you are over 19

We also offer weekly financial incentives if you do not already get a bursary.

At university?

When you are at university, we will give help you get your grants and loans.

In addition, we will provide:

  • £2,000 higher education bursary over three years
  • £3,900 towards your accommodation costs for each year you are at university. This is not available to students who already get Staying Put payments.

A bursary towards postgraduate study to a maximum of £2,000 is also available. Please talk to your PA if you are interested in applying for a bursary.

Looking for a job?

If you are aged 16-17 we pay for employment support for you from Career Connect who will give you independent careers advice.

We will also work alongside your PA to help you access:

  • pre-employment training
  • confidence-building sessions
  • work experience
  • apprenticeships and internships
  • specialised help from your Jobcentre Plus 
  • volunteering opportunities

Contact us

Your PA will put you in touch with us, the leaving care team, or you can contact us directly if you need extra support.