Finding a home
Your PA will help you decide which is the place for you to live. Your options may include:
- owning or renting our own home
- staying put with your foster carer
- moving into supported or semi-independent accommodation
- moving into specialist adult accommodation if you have additional needs
Own or rent our own home
If you want your own flat, you will be given priority on the regional online social housing register called Property Pool Plus.
Your PA can help set you up on Property Pool Plus and Riverside Housing hold weekly sessions in our office to help you register and bid for properties on it. Please contact us if you would like to attend one of these sessions.
We can also help you with the following:
- a deposit and up to four weeks’ rent in advance if you decide to rent from a private landlord
- a £2,000 setting up home allowance
- furniture and essential domestic appliances through Liverpool Citizens Support Scheme
- 100% Council Tax discount until the age of 21 if you settle in Liverpool
- 100% Council Tax discount until the age of 21 if you settle outside Liverpool - only if you keep receipts
- additional Discretionary Housing Payments
- a comprehensive benefits check
Your PA will put you in touch with us, the leaving care team, or you can contact us directly if you need extra support.
Always get in touch with your PA if you are struggling to pay your rent or are having problems with your landlord.
Want to know more?
For full details of your rights and a complete list of all the services you can access, please read the Liverpool Leaving Care Local Offer 2019 in full.