Find a children's centre
Sessions must be booked a week in advance each Monday unless otherwise stated, by calling 233 1200. Courses can be booked a week before start dates.
|Day||Time||Activity||Location||Details||Book or Invitation|
|Monday||9.30am-10.30am||Early Communication Group||Kensington CC||6 week course starting 19th September. Helps with the development of speech and language. Places offered by invitation only by SEN worker.||Invite only|
|Monday||9.30am-11am||Development Matters||Kensington CC||31st October and 19th December. Do you have concerns about your child's learning and development? Come and have a chat with our Special Educational Needs Worker.||Book|
|Monday||9.30am-11.30am||Welcome to Play||Kensington CC||6 week course starting 7th November. Introduces the importance of play, encouraging parents/carers to take part in playful activities with their children which can support your child's learning and development.||Book|
|Monday||2.30pm-4pm||Bump, Birth and Beyond||Kensington CC||2 week course on 7th and 14th November. Antenatal advice and support for expectant parents and their birthing partners.||Book|
|Monday||2.30pm-4.30pm||Breastfeeding Support Group||Kensington CC||
17th October, 21st November, 12th December. Support around breastfeeding issues. Come along and meet other mums
|Tuesday||9.15am-11.45am||Women's Power Programme||Kensington CC||
4 week course starting 20th September. Looking to make life changes? Need a confidence boost? Run by the Women's Organisation. Limited creche available.
18th October and 15th November. Support group for families of children with additional needs.
|Tuesday||10am-10.45am||Rhythm and Rhyme||All Saints Church Hall, Sheil Road||Weekly musical sessions for children aged 12 months to 4 years.||Book|
|Tuesday||1pm-3pm||Nurture Programme||Kensington CC||10 week course starting 20th September. Accredited parenting course to help families develop strong relationships. Limited creche available||Book|
|Wednesday||9.30am-1pm||Life Rooms Pathway Advisors||Kensington CC||Drop in for parents who need advice and support with any issues that affect your day to day life such as finances, housing, employment etc. Delivered by Merseycare. Call 0151 478 6556 for more information.||Drop in|
|Wednesday||12pm-1pm||Community Lunch||Kensington CC||Come along and enjoy a FREE healthy lunch for all the family.||Book|
|Wednesday||1.30pm-2.30pm||All About Baby||Kensington CC||A fun session for parents with babies under 1 year to enjoy stimulating and age appropriate activities.||Book|
|Thursday||9.30am-2pm||Housing Support Clinic||Kensington CC||Call Sharon on 0151 207 7617 to book your appointment. Run by the Whitechapel Centre.||Book|
|Thursday||1pm-3pm||You and Me Mum||Kensington CC||10 week course starting 20th October. For women who have experienced domestic abuse and supports them through recovery. Places offered by invitation only by Family Link Worker.||Invite only|
|Friday||9am-10.30am||ESF - Ways to Work Programme||Kensington CC||7th October, 4th November, 2nd December. Monthly session to help you return to work or training.||Book|
|Friday||9.30am-10.30am||Stay and Play||Kensington CC||Fun activities for children aged 2-4 years.||Book|
|Friday||1pm-1.45pm||Time to Sign||Kensington CC||Children and parents sign, sing, play and laugh while learning British Sign Language.||Book|
- Breastfeeding Support and Advice – if you need support or advice please ring 233 1200.
- Healthy Start Vitamins and Drops - you can redeem your Healthy Start vitamin vouchers at our reception desk. We can also provide a Healthy Start application form for anyone who may be eligible to apply.
- Lending Library - includes a wide range of quality books including dual language books for your child to borrow and take home, for FREE for up to one week. Enjoy sharing books together.
- Reading Pledge - sign up and receive your FREE pack. This entitles your family to borrow reading resources for up to one week, which are specifically put together for your child’s age and stage of development.
- Smoke Free Liverpool - if you would like support to stop smoking please speak to a member of staff who can refer you.
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities - if you need advice or support about your child’s development, behaviour, sleep pattern or any speech and language issues please contact Irene or Lauren.
- Volunteering Opportunities - we can offer parents valuable work experience within our centre. For more information please ring 233 1200.