Find a children's centre
Half-term activities from 25th-29th October 2021
We've got some great sessions to enjoy. View our half term timetable
Sessions start week beginning 13th September 2021 unless otherwise stated.
|Day||Time||Activity||Location||Details||Book or Invitation|
|Monday||10am-10:45am||Baby Sensory Play||Kensington CC||Starts 27th September. A sensory experience for babies 0-12 months||Book|
|Monday||1pm-3pm||Nurture Course||Kensington CC||10 week course starting 27th September. Accredited parenting course to help families develop stronger relationships. Limited creche places available.||Book|
|Tuesday||9.15am-11.45am||ESOL - Our Liverpool||Kensington CC||Starts 21st September. A pre-assessment will take place on 14th September which you must book via Granby Adult Learning on 233 2400. Basic English language for adults. For Asylum and Refugee families. Limited creche places available.||Book|
|Tuesday||12:00pm-2.30pm||ESOL - Our Liverpool||Kensington CC||Starts 21st September. A pre-assessment will take place on 14th September which you must book via Granby Adult Learning on 233 2400. Basic English language for adults. For Asylum and Refugee families. Limited creche places available.||Book|
|Wednesday||9.30am-11.30am||Fabulous Food||Kensington CC||5 week course starting 15th September. A fun course where parents and children prepare and cook healthy meals together, to encourage your child to eat healthily.||Book|
|Wednesday||10am-11am||Early Communication Group||Kensington CC||6 week course starting 3rd November. Helps with the development of speech and language. Places offered by invitation only by SEN worker.||Invitation only|
|Wednesday||1.30pm-2.30pm||The Tiger Who Came To Tea storytime event||Kensington CC||17th November. Explore stories to help support your child to learn and develop.||Book|
|Wednesday||1.30pm-3pm||Weaning session||Kensington CC||20th October and 24th November. A practical session for babies aged 4-6 months, with lots of useful tips about how to successfully wean your baby.||Book|
|Thursday||9.30am-2pm||Housing Support Clinic||Kensington CC||Run by the Whitechapel Centre. Call Sharon on 0151 207 7617 to book your appointment.||Book|
|Friday||9.30am-11.30am||Support to Work drop in||Kensington CC||24th September, 22nd October, 19th November and 10th December.||Book|
|Friday||10am-11am||We're Going on a Bear Hunt storytime event||Kensington CC||17th September. Explore stories to help support your child's learning.||Book|
|Friday||1pm-1.45pm||Time to Sign||Kensington CC||Two 6-week courses: Course 1 starts 17th September. Course 2 starts 5th November. Children and parents sign, sing, play and laugh while learning British Sign Language.||Book|
You can also download and print the above timetable in pdf format. This version may not be suitable for users of assistive technology.
- Breastfeeding Support and Advice – if you need support or advice please ring 233 1200.
- Healthy Start Vitamins and Drops - you can redeem your Healthy Start vitamin vouchers at our reception desk. We can also provide a Healthy Start application form for anyone who may be eligible to apply.
- Households into Work - Run by Liverpool into Work. Access is by referral via one of our staff team. This is a 12 month programme providing sup-port for unemployed members of a household, helping them to tackle any barriers which may be preventing them for accessing work or training.
- Lending Library - includes a wide range of quality books including dual language books for your child to borrow and take home, for FREE for up to one week. Enjoy sharing books together.
- Reading Pledge - sign up and receive your FREE pack. This entitles your family to borrow reading resources for up to one week, which are specifically put together for your child’s age and stage of development.
- Smoke Free Liverpool - if you would like support to stop smoking please speak to a member of staff who can refer you.
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities - if you need advice or support about your child’s development, behaviour, sleep pattern or any speech and language issues please contact Irene or Lauren.
- Volunteering Opportunities - we can offer parents valuable work experience within our centre. For more information please ring 233 1200.
- Ways to Work - ESF funded programme offering support into work and/or training. For more information please ring 233 1200.