Find a children's centre
Coronavirus update - services and opening times
Children’s centres are open from 9am-4pm. We are offering our full range of services except for group activities, which remain suspended until further notice. For help and advice contact your local children's centre.
Our activity timetable
Your can also view a version of this timetable in pdf format.
|Day||Time||Activity||Location||Details||Book or Drop in|
|Monday||9.30-11am||Health visitor weighing clinic||Kensington CC||This session is run on a first come first served basis and ends promptly at 11am.||Drop in|
|Monday||9.30-11am||ESOL - Our Liverpool||Kensington CC||For asylum seeker and refugee families. Run by the adult learning service.||Book|
|5 week course starting 14th January. Massage oils are provided, just bring a towel.||Book|
|Tuesday||11.30am-12.15||Time to Sign||Kensington CC||Children and parents sign, sing, play and laugh while learning British Sign Language.||Drop in|
|Tuesday||1-3pm||ESOL - Our Liverpool||Kensington CC||For asylum seeker and refugee families. Run by the adult learning service.||Book|
|Tuesday||3.30-4.30pm||Play and Eat||Kensington CC||Fun activities and a healthy meal for all the family.||Drop in|
|Wednesday||10.30-11.30am||Stay and Play||Kensington CC||Fun activities for children 0-4 years||Drop in|
|Wednesday||12-12.30pm||Healthy Lunch||Kensington CC||Come along and enjoy a FREE healthy lunch for all the family.||Drop in|
|Wednesday||12.30-2.30||Change it||Kensington CC||8 week course starting 15th January. Confidence building course for women, run by the Women's Organisation. Limited creche available.||
|Wednesday||12.30-2.30pm||You and Me Mum||Kensington CC||10 week course starting 15th January. Course for women who have experienced domestic abuse and supports them through recovery. Places offered by invitation only by Family Link Worker. Limited creche available.||By invitation only|
|Thursday||9.30am-12.30pm||Maths and English||Kensington CC||Accredited course run by Blackburne House.||Book|
|Thursday||9.30am-2pm||Housing Support Clinic||Kensington CC||Run by the Whitechapel Centre||Drop in|
|Thursday||1.30-2.15pm||Early Communication Group||Kensington CC||Six-week course starts 16th January. Helps to develop speech and language. Places offered by invitation only by SEN worker.||By invitation only|
|Thursday||1.30-2.15pm||Chatterbox||Kensington CC||Six-week course starts 27th February. Helps to develop speech and language. Places offered by invitation only by SEN worker.||By invitation only|
|Thursday||3.30-4.30pm||Play and Eat||Kensington CC||Fun activities and a healthy meal for all the family.||Drop in|
|Friday||9.30-11.45am||Nurture Course||Kensington CC||Starts 17th January. 10-week accredited parenting course to help families develop stronger relationships. Limited crèche places available.||Book|
|Friday||9.30-11.30am||Stop Child Exploitation||Kensington CC||Friday 31st January. A session for parents to raise awareness of Child Exploitation. To know what signs to look for and what to do if you're worried about your child being exploited. Run by NSPCC and Liverpool City Council.||Book|
|Friday||12.30-2.30pm||Baby Connect||Kensington CC||8 week course starting 17th January. For parents and their child under 1. Create a beautiful memory book to share with your child. Limited creche available.||Book|
|Friday||1.30-2.30||Magical Story Time||Kensington CC||Explore stories and crafts to help support your child to learn and develop.||Drop in|
- Breastfeeding Support and Advice - Drop into the centre, staff are always available.
- Healthy Start Vitamins and Drops - You can redeem your Healthy Start vitamin vouchers at the Health Visitors weighing Clinic on Mondays. We can also provide a Healthy Start application form for anyone who may be eligible to apply.
- Households into Work - Run by Liverpool into Work. Access is by referral via one of our staff team. This is a 12 month programme providing sup-port for unemployed members of a household, helping them to tackle any barriers which may be preventing them for accessing work or training.
- Smoke Free Liverpool - If you would like support to stop smoking please speak to a member of staff who can refer you.
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities - If you need advice or support about your child’s development, behaviour, sleep pattern or any speech and language issues please contact Irene.
- Volunteering Opportunities - We can offer parents valuable work experience within our centre. For more information please contact Lisa.
- Ways to Work - ESF funded programme offering support into work and/or training. For more information please contact Suzi.