Find a children's centre
Coronavirus update - services and opening times
From 25th March 2020 opening hours of all children’s centres will reduce to 9am-4pm.
We have suspended all group activities to focus our efforts on families in need. For help and advice contact your local children's centre. Parents of children on free school meals can collect a weekly £10 food voucher from their designated children's centre.
Activity timetable for Picton
Our activity timetable
Your can also view a version of this timetable in pdf format.
|Day||Time||Activity||Location||Details||Book or Drop in|
|Monday||9.15-10.15am||Support to work drop in||Picton CC||13th January, 10th February and 9th March. Monthly drop in to help you return to work or training.||Drop in|
|Monday||10.30-11.30am||Magical Story Time||Picton CC||Explore stories and crafts, to help support your child to learn and develop.||Drop in|
|Monday||3.30-4.30pm||Play and Eat||Picton CC||Fun activities and a healthy meal for all the family.||Drop in|
|Tuesday||10-10.45am||Rhyme and Rhythm||Picton CC||Musical session for babies and children aged 0-4 years of age.||Drop in|
|Tuesday||1.30-2.15pm||Chatterbox||Picton CC||6 week course starting 14th January. Helps with development of speech and language. Places offered by invitiation only by SEN worker.||Invite only|
|Tuesday||1.30-2.15pm||Early Communication Group||Picton CC||6 week course starting 3rd March. Helps with development of speech and language. Places offered by invitation only by SEN worker.||Invite only|
|Wednesday||10-10.45||Baby Sensory Play||Picton CC||Drop in sessions with sensory activities. For babies 0-18 months.||Drop in|
|Wednesday||1-3pm||ESOL - Our Liverpool||Picton CC||For asylum/refugee families. Basic English language for adults run by the Adult Learning Service. Limited creche places available.||Book|
|Wednesday||3.30-4.30pm||Play and Eat||Picton CC||Fun activities and a healthy meal for all the family.||Drop in|
|Thursday||9.30-11.30am||Health Visitor Weighing Clinic||Picton CC||This session is on a first come first served basis and can only see 18 families per session.||Drop in|
|Thursday||1-3pm||ESOL - Our Liverpool||Picton CC||For asylum/refugee families. Basic English language for adults run by the Adult Learning Service. Limited crèche places available.||Book|
Bump, Birth and Beyond
|Picton CC||3 week course starting 9th January. Antenatal advice and support for expectant parents and their birthing partners. Jointly delivered by midwife and Health Worker.||Book|
|Friday||9.30-11.30am||Basic IT||Picton CC||Run by Everton Development Trust. Drop in sessions for adults. Learn how to use the internet and set up an email account. Must have a national insurance number and be over 20 years of age.||Drop in|
|Friday||10-10.45am||Time to Sign||Picton CC||Children and parents sign, sing, play and laugh while learning British Sign Language.||Drop in|
|Friday||12.45-1.45pm||Baby Massage||Picton CC||5 week course starting 28th February. Massage oils are provided, just bring a towel.||Book|
|Friday||2-5pm||EU Settlement Scheme Advice drop-in||Picton CC||Weekly drop-in session providing advice and guidance for EU citizens living in the UK who need help with their application to the EU Settlement Scheme, to help ensure their rights are protected and that they can continue living in the UK after it leaves the EU. Run by Migrant Help.||Drop in|
- Breastfeeding Support and Advice - drop into the centre, staff are always available.
- Healthy Start Vitamins and Drops - you can redeem your Healthy Start vitamin vouchers at our reception desk. We can also provide a Healthy Start application form for anyone who may be eligible to apply.
- Households into Work - run by Liverpool into Work. Access is by referral via one of our staff team. This is a 12-month programme providing sup-port for unemployed members of a household, helping them to tackle any barriers which may be preventing them for accessing work or training.
- Lending Library - includes a wide range of quality books including dual language books for your child to borrow and take home, for FREE for up to one week. Enjoy sharing books together.
- Reading Pledge - sign up and receive your FREE pack. This entitles your family to borrow reading resources for up to one week, which are specifically put together for your child’s age and stage of development.
- Recipe of the Week - Every Tuesday find out at Reception what the recipe of the week is. You can feed a family of up to four with just £1, with lots of different healthy recipes each week.
- Smoke Free Liverpool - if you would like support to stop smoking please speak to a member of staff who can refer you.
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities - if you need advice or support about your child’s development, behaviour, sleep pattern or any speech and language issues please contact Irene.
- Sensory Room bookings - free play within a fun and relaxing environment for children aged between 0-4 years. Room can be booked from 8.30am 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
- Volunteering Opportunities - we can offer parents valuable work experience within our centre. For more information please contact Lisa.
- Ways to Work - ESF funded programme offering support into work and/or training. For more information please contact Suzi.