Find a children's centre
Activity timetable for Picton
Sessions start week beginning 13th September 2021 unless otherwise stated.
|Day||Time||Activity||Location||Details||Book or Invitation|
|Monday||10am-11am||Early Communication Group||Picton CC||6 week course starting 27th September. Helps with development of speech and language. Places offered by invitation only be SEN worker.||Invitation only|
|Tuesday||10.30am-11.30am||The Gruffalo storytime event||Picton CC||28th September. Explore stories to help support your child to learn and develop.||Book|
|Tuesday||1pm-3pm||Welcome to Play||Picton CC||6 week course starting 14th September. Introduces the importance of play, encouraging parents and carers to take part in playful activities with their children which can support your child's learning and development.||Book|
|Wednesday||10am-10.45am||Baby Sensory Play||Picton CC||Starts 15th September. Sensory experience for babies 0-12 months.||Book|
|Wednesday||1.30pm-3.30pm||Support to Work drop in||Picton CC||15th September, 13th October, 10th November and 15th December. To help you return to work or training.||Book|
|Thursday||9.30am-11.30am||Fabulous Food||Picton CC||5 week course starting 18th November. A fun course where parents and children can prepare and cook healthy meals together, to encourage your child to eat healthily.||Book|
|Thursday||10am-11.30am||Room on the Broom storytime event||Picton CC||21st October. Explore stories to help support your child to learn and develop.||Book|
|Friday||10am-10.45am||Time to Sign||Picton CC||Two 6-week courses (term time only): Course 1 starts 17th September. Course 2 starts 5th November. Children and parents sign, sing, play and laugh while learning British Sign Language.||Book|
You can also download and print the above timetable in pdf format. This version may not be suitable for users of assistive technology.
- Breastfeeding Support and Advice – if you need support or advice please ring 233 1200.
- Healthy Start Vitamins and Drops - you can redeem your Healthy Start vitamin vouchers at our reception desk. We can also provide a Healthy Start application form for anyone who may be eligible to apply.
- Households into Work - Run by Liverpool into Work. Access is by referral via one of our staff team. This is a 12 month programme providing sup-port for unemployed members of a household, helping them to tackle any barriers which may be preventing them for accessing work or training.
- Lending Library - includes a wide range of quality books including dual language books for your child to borrow and take home, for FREE for up to one week. Enjoy sharing books together.
- Reading Pledge - sign up and receive your FREE pack. This entitles your family to borrow reading resources for up to one week, which are specifically put together for your child’s age and stage of development.
- Smoke Free Liverpool - if you would like support to stop smoking please speak to a member of staff who can refer you.
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities - if you need advice or support about your child’s development, behaviour, sleep pattern or any speech and language issues please contact Irene or Lauren.
- Volunteering Opportunities - we can offer parents valuable work experience within our centre. For more information please ring 233 1200.
- Ways to Work - ESF funded programme offering support into work and/or training. For more information please ring 233 1200.