EU Settlement Scheme aftercare
How to view and prove your digital EU Settlement Scheme status
EEA citizens should still be able to show their identity documents to prove their rights in the UK until 30 June 2021.
However, from January 2021 you may be asked to prove your EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS) status when accessing things like benefits, housing and employment.
The confirmation email or letter you received does not act as proof of your status so you will need to log into your online profile to prove your status.
To log into your online profile, you will need to:
1. go to gov.uk/view-prove-immigration-status
2. choose the identity document you used in your application, for example:
- National identity card
- Biometric residence card (BRC)
3. enter your passport, ID card or BRC number
4. enter your date of birth
5. enter a ‘one-time’ six digit access code. It will be sent to your phone or email and is only valid for a limited time. Make sure you keep your phone number and email address up to date to ensure quick access
If you want to prove your status to someone else, you can go to 'Prove your status to someone'. You will receive a ‘share code’ to prove your status to others, such as employers and landlords. You can then email this to whoever needs it.