Childcare hubs and education
Childcare hubs for key workers
Care for primary-aged children
Around 50 hubs are looking after primary age children of key workers in Liverpool.
The strategically located school sites are only for primary age pupils whose parents are key workers and have no other safe childcare available to them, and will initially be open from 9am until 4pm.
There is no provision for secondary school pupils but secondary schools are supporting vulnerable children.
Care for nursery and early years children
Chatham Place Nursery School and Ellergreen Nursery School remain open for those children whose parents are key workers and have no other childcare available.
Care for children in special schools
Some specials are open - Palmerston School, Princes Primary School, Hope School, Sandfield Park School, Woolton High School, Milstead and Bank View.
Who is eligible?
The list of key workers is:
- Social workers, care workers, health and social care staff and those required to maintain the sector
- Teachers, specialist education professionals and nursery staff
- Staff essential to the operation of the justice system
- Staff involved in the management of the deceased
- Administrative staff in local and central government essential to the delivery of the COVID-19 response or the delivery of essential public services, such as the payment of benefits. This includes government agencies and arms-length bodies
- Staff delivering essential public services such as payment of benefits
- Staff involved in the distribution of food or other key goods
- Police and police support staff
- Fire and rescue staff and support staff
- Transport workers
- Utilities workers
- Probation staff
- IT staff necessary to support COVID-19 response
- Payment providers
- Waste disposal service presumably including refuse collection
In addition, other workers described include:
- Armed forces personnel
- MoD civilian staff and contractors
- National Crime Agency
- Border security
- National security staff
- Religions and charity staff
- Journalists and broadcasters
The council has also added university staff working in a research role to help fight COVID-19 to the list of eligible workers.
Parents working in these sectors may be asked to provide proof from their employer that they are eligible.
Where are the hubs?
Some hubs will be open on Good Friday and Easter Monday and, subject to demand, throughout the school Easter holidays.
Hubs marked with an * will be open from 7am-7pm to provide extended support from Monday 6th April 2020. All other hubs are open from 9am-4pm.
- Arnot St Mary, Arnot Street, L4
- All Saint's Catholic Primary, Oakfield, Anfield
- Anfield Road Primary School, Anfield Road, Anfield
- Banks Road Primary, Banks Road, Garston
- Barlows Primary School, Barlows Lane, Fazakerley
- Belle Vale Primary, Besford Road, L25
- The Beacon Church of England Primary, Heyworth Street, Everton
- Blackmoor Park Infants, Leyfield Road, L12
- Dovedale Primary, Herondale Road, L18
- Fazakerley Primary, Formosa Drive, L10
- Faith Primary School, Prince Edwin Street, L5 (closes at the end of the day on Friday 3rd April 2020)
- Florence Melly Primary, Bushey Road, L4
- Holy Cross Primary, Fontenoy Street, L3 (closes at the end of the day on Friday 3rd April 2020)
- Holy Name Catholic Primary, Mosspits Lane, Fazakerley *
- Hunts Cross Primary School, Kingsthorne Road, L25 (relocates to Hunts Cross Nursery, Kingsthorne Road, L25 on Monday 6th April 2020)
- Kensington Community Primary School, Brae Street
- Liverpool College, Queens Drive, L18
- Matthew Arnold Primary School, Dingle Lane, Dingle
- Mosspits Lane Primary School, Mosspits Lane, Wavertree *
- Middlefield Community Primary, Alder Wood Avenue, Speke
- Monksdown Primary School, Monksdown Road, Norris Green
- Norman Pannell School, Brownbill Bank, L27
- Northcote Community Primary, Cavendish Drive, Walton
- Our Lady and St Swithin's Catholic Primary, Parkstile Lane, L11
- Our Lady of Assumption, Hedgefield Road, Belle Vale (relocates to Belle Vale Primary, Besford Road, L25 on Monday 6th April 2020)
- Our Lady Immaculate Primary School, Northumberland Terrace, L5 *
- Phoenix Primary School, Birchfield Road, L7
- Rice Lane Primary, Brockenhurst Road, L9
- Rudston Primary School, Rudston Road, L16 *
- Sacred Heart Catholic School, Hall Lane, Kensington
- Springwood Heath Primary, Danefield Road, Allerton *
- Sudley Junior School, Aigburth Road, L17
- St Ambrose Primary School, Alderfield Road, L24
- St Christopher’s Catholic Primary, Tarbock Road, L24
- St Hugh's Primary School, Earle Road, L7
- St Nicholas Catholic Primary School, Orthes Street, L3 *
- St Oswald's Catholic Primary School, Montague Road, Old Swan *
- St Teresa of Lisieux Catholic Primary School, Uttington Avenue East, L11
- St John's Catholic Primary, Fountains Road, Kirkdale
- St Margaret's Anfield CE Primary, Lower Breck Road, Anfield
- St Paul & St. Timothy’s Infant School, South Parkside Drive, L12 (relocates to St Paul's Junior, L12 on Monday 6th April 2020)
- St Paul's Catholic Junior School, Spring Grove, L12 *
- St Sebastian's Catholic Primary School, Holly Road, Fairfield
- Stockton Wood Primary, All Saints Road, Speke
- Wavertree Church of England Primary, Rose Villas, L15
- Windsor Primary School, Upper Hill Street, L8
- Woolton Primary School, Out Lane L25 *