Council services and buildings
Service status updates
Below is a list of the impact on some of our key services:
- One Stop Shops are closed. You can still contact us online 24/7. Call centre lines are open 8am-6pm seven days a week.
- Liverpool Register Office is running a reduced service. Find out more on the Register Office customer information page.
- All adult day care centres including dementia, mental health and learning disability facilities are still closed but working on a plan to reopen safely.
- The Coroner’s court is open with some changes to their hours and services.
- Care homes are not open to visitors except in exceptional circumstances, such as for end of life visits. Contact the home directly.
- Central Library and some community libraries are now open. Please use our Read Liverpool online services to download a range of books and magazine - call 0151 233 3069 if you need assistance. Loan periods have been extended so you will not be fined for late returns. We are unable to take online reservations. To access the home delivery service to the over 70s call 0151 233 2796.
- Lifestyles centres are closed to the public but are providing some specialist services such as school swimming sessions.
- Croxteth Hall, Liverpool Town Hall and St George's Hall are all closed.
- Liverpool Adult Learning Service is running courses with a mixture of face-to-face and online learning methods.
- The Liverpool in Work Team is available to help with all aspects of finding work, training and volunteering. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or twitter.com/liverpoolinwork or call 0151 233 5312.
All employers are required by law to complete workplace risk assessments to protect people from coronavirus.