Council services and buildings
Service status updates
To find out how the outbreak has affected all council services, please use the site search and visit the individual service web page where you will see a service alert with the latest update.
Below is a list of the impact on some of our key services:
- One Stop Shops are closed. You can still contact us online 24/7. Call centre lines are open 8am-6pm seven days a week.
- Liverpool Register office is running a reduced service. Find out more on the Register Office customer information page.
- Adult day care centres - all facilities including premises for dementia, mental health and learning disability have closed temporarily.
- Coroner’s court has reduced its opening hours. Read more about the impact on inquests and the court.
- Care homes are now closed to visitors, except in exceptional circumstances. No-one, including staff, can enter care homes if they have any symptoms that are suspected to be Covid-19. Read GOV.UK advice for the social care sector.
- From Monday 13th July 2020, Central Library will re-open Monday to Friday from 10am-3pm. All other community libraries will remain closed.
- Please use our Read Liverpool online services to download a range of books and magazine - call 0151 233 3069 if you need assistance. Loan periods have been extended so you will not be fined for late returns. We are unable to take online reservations. To access the home delivery service to the over 70s call 0151 233 2796.
- Lifestyles centres are closed. All direct debit member accounts will be frozen during and pay as you go and annual memberships will be credited. All pre-paid courses will also be credited.
- Croxteth Hall, Liverpool Town Hall and St George's Hall are all closed.
- Arena and Convention Centre Liverpool is closed - please see their coronavirus information page.
- Liverpool Adult Learning Service centres are no longer offering classroom learning. External examinations will not take place. Contact 0151 233 2430 or 0151 233 1809 or via twitter.com/liverpool_als and facebook.com/liverpoolals.
- The Liverpool in Work Team is available to help with all aspects of finding work, training and volunteering. See firstname.lastname@example.org or twitter.com/liverpoolinwork or call 0151 233 5312.
All employers are required by law to complete workplace risk assessments to protect people from coronavirus.