Council services and buildings
Service status updates - 12th January 2021
Below is a list of the impact on some of our key services:
- During the period of national lockdown, schools, alternative provision, special schools, and colleges will remain open to vulnerable children and young people and the children of critical workers only. All other children and students will learn remotely until February half term.
- Food vouchers are again being given to Liverpool families who need support during lockdown. Find out more.
- The clinically extremely vulnerable have been asked to shield again. Find out what help is available if you are shielding.
- Care home visits - you must arrange a visit with the home in advance. Find out how to arrange a visit and what to expect.
- One Stop Shops are closed. You can still contact us online 24/7. Call centre lines are open 8am-6pm Monday to Friday.
- Liverpool Register Office is running a reduced service.
- Adult social care services - following the latest national lockdown, Sedgemoor Day Centre in Norris Green and Amethyst House in L6 are both closed. Lime Hub in Kensington is open and Crown Street in L7 is operating an outreach service.
Find out more about community support, carers and care homes during the coronavirus outbreak.
- The Coroner’s court is open with some changes to their hours and services.
- Care homes are open for arranged visits. Contact the home directly for more information.
- Libraries are temporarily closed while we assess which services we can offer during national lockdown. You can access Read Liverpool for eBooks, magazine and audiobooks delivered to your device for free.
- Lifestyles Centres are closed. Find out what this means for you if you are a Lifestyles member.
- Croxteth Hall, Liverpool Town Hall and St George's Hall are all closed.
- Liverpool Adult Learning Service is running online learning only.
- The Liverpool in Work Team is available to help with all aspects of finding work, training and volunteering. Email email@example.com or twitter.com/liverpoolinwork or call 0151 233 5312.
- All grassroots sports including football is prohibited during lockdown. The only exemption is to elite level sport. Our grass football pitches will remain closed - do not attempt to arrange any friendly games or training sessions on them or any other facilities such as local parks.
All employers are required by law to complete workplace risk assessments to protect people from coronavirus.