Council services and public events
Council service status updates
Below is a list of the impact on some of our key services:
- One Stop Shops are closed. You can still contact us online 24/7. Call centre lines: open 8am-6pm seven days a week.
- Liverpool Register office is now closed and we are only registering deaths by phone. We are not registering births until further notice. Find out more on the Register Office customer information page.
- Pest control visits will no longer take place.
- Adult day care centres - all facilities including premises for dementia, mental health and learning disability have closed temporarily.
- Coroner’s court has reduced its opening hours. Read more about the impact on inquests and the court.
- Care homes are now closed to visitors, except in exceptional circumstances.No-one, including staff, can enter care homes if they have any symptoms that are suspected to be Covid-19. Read GOV.UK advice for the social care sector.
- Schools are closed to most pupils until further notice. Some schools now operate as hubs for children of key workers. Parents and guardians of pupils on free school meals can collect a weekly £10 food voucher.
- Libraries are closed. Please use our Read Liverpool online services to download a range of books and magazine - call 0151 233 3069 if you need assistance. Loan periods have been extended so you will not be fined for late returns.We are unable to take online reservations. To access the home delivery service to the over 70s call 0151 233 2796.
- Lifestyles centres are closed until further notice. All direct debit member accounts will be frozen during and pay as you go and annual memberships will be credited. All pre-paid courses will also be credited.
- Croxteth Hall, Liverpool Town Hall and St George's Hall and Liverpool museums are all closed.
- Arena and Convention Centre Liverpool is closed - please see their coronavirus information page.
- Liverpool Adult Learning Service centres are no longer offering classroom learning. External examinations will not take place. Contact 0151 233 2430/0151 233 1809 or via twitter.com/liverpool_als and facebook.com/liverpoolals.
- The Liverpool in Work Team is available to help with all aspects of finding work, training and volunteering. See firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0151 233 5312. Twitter: @liverpoolinwork.
- Household Waste Recycling Centres - all centres across Merseyside are closed.
Council meetings and access to councillors
All public facing council meetings have been suspended. Councillors have also been instructed to suspend their ward surgeries and not attend any public meetings. The contact centre will forward messages from residents who want to speak to their local councillor.
The council is now waiting for government guidance on regulatory functions like Planning and Licensing.
Notices of Executive (Key) Decisions posted online in the meetings and agendas section of this site on a fortnightly basis.
- The Premier League and EFL have suspended games until at least 30th April, meaning no home games for Everton FC, Liverpool FC and Tranmere Rovers FC.
- The Grand National at Aintree has been cancelled.
- River Festival 2020, due to take place from 8th-10th May has been cancelled.
- Pokemon Go, due to be held in Sefton Park and across the city on April 17th-19th 2020 has been postponed.
- LightNight 2020: Home, which was due to take place on Friday 15th May is postponed indefinitely
- Rock ‘n’ Roll Liverpool Marathon and Half Marathon due to take place 23rd-24th May has been postponed to the weekend of 24th-25th October.
- Africa Oyé has been postponed until further notice
- Pride in Liverpool, due to be held from 25th-26th July, has been postponed and will be rescheduled for later in the year.
- Sound City has been postponed until 25th-27th September.