Businesses grants and funds managed by us
Local Restrictions Support Grant
The Local Restrictions Support Grant helps businesses that have had to close due to local or national restrictions.
To qualify for this grant, your business must be in Liverpool and:
- open as usual before the restrictions
- providing services in person to customers from the premises
- required to close due to restrictions imposed by government
- paying business rates for the premises before restrictions started
Your business will not qualify for support under this scheme if:
- you have chosen to close but you were not required to
- it was in administration, insolvent or a striking off order was made at the time local restrictions started
How much is the grant and when will it be paid?
The amount you get depends on the grant schemes that you are eligible for and the rateable value of your premises, as shown in the table below.
|Rateable value of premises||Local Restrictions Support Grant from 16th Feb-31st March 2021 (44 days)|
|£15,000 or under||£2096|
|£51,000 or over||£4714|
You can find the rateable value of your premises on your latest business rates bill, or check our commercial premises register online.
Do subsidy allowance or state aid rules apply?
The new domestic subsidy allowance for the Covid-19 business support grants took effect on 4th March 2021. This scheme is covered by three subsidy allowances:
- Small Amounts of Financial Assistance Allowance – you’re allowed up to £335,000 subject to exchange rates - over any period of three years
- Covid-19 Business Grant Allowance – you’re allowed up to £1,600,000
- Covid-19 Business Grant Special Allowance - if you have reached your limits under the Small Amounts of Financial Assistance Allowance and the Covid-19 Business Grant Allowance, you may be able to access a further allowance of funding under these scheme rules of up to £9,000,000, provided certain conditions are met
Grants under these three allowances can be combined for a potential total allowance of up to £10,935,000, subject to exchange rates.
Applications made prior to 4th March 2021 are subject to the previous rules on state aid which are explained in the government state aid guidance.
By accepting a grant payment you must confirm that you are not in breach of subsidy allowance or state aid rules, as appropriate.
How to apply
If you meet the criteria for the Local Restrictions Support Grant you can apply online below. We will review your application and let you know if you are entitled to a payment.
The closing date for applications for this grant scheme is 31st May 2021.