Help for businesses
Christmas Support Payment for wet-led pubs
This support payment is a one off cash grant over the Christmas period for wet-led pubs that have had to close due to Tier 2 or 3 local restrictions between 2nd and 29th December 2020.
The payment is to support pubs that predominantly serve alcohol rather than provide food. Your business is not eligible for this payment if it falls under any of the following:
- restaurants, cafes, snack bars
- nightclubs and casinos
- guest houses and boarding houses
- sporting venues
- music venues, festival sites, concert halls
- theatres, cinemas, museums and exhibition halls
This list is not exhaustive and we will assess whether your business is eligible upon application.
To qualify for this grant, your business must be in Liverpool and:
- was trading on 30th November (you would have been closed under national lockdown on this date)
- is a pub that derives less than 50% of its income from food (we may need to see your accounts to verify this)
- is closed due to government restrictions
- was paying business rates for the premises before restrictions started.
Eligible businesses that have already received support from other local restrictions grants can still apply for support under this scheme.
Your business will not qualify for support if:
- it was in administration, insolvent or a striking off order was made at the time local restrictions started.
- the business is closing down and not reopening when restrictions end.
How much will I get and when will it be paid?
It is a one-off payment of £1,000 to cover the Christmas period from 2nd to 29th December 2020. The payment is subject to tax.
We will provide qualifying businesses with the funds as soon as possible and no later than 28th February 2021.
Do state aid rules apply?
The Christmas Support Payment counts towards state aid. The rules are fully explained in the government state aid guidance. By accepting this grant you must confirm that you are not in breach of these rules.
How to apply
If you meet the criteria, apply online below. We will review your application and let you know if you are entitled to a payment.
The closing date for applications is 31st January 2021 for businesses eligible between 2nd-29th December 2020.