Help for businesses
Local Restrictions Support Grant
The Local Restrictions Support Grant helps businesses that have been required to close due to the government’s local lockdown restrictions or if your business remains closed under national restrictions.
To qualify for this grant, your business must be in Liverpool and has been:
- open as usual before the restrictions.
- providing services in person to customers from the premises.
- required to close due to local lockdown restrictions imposed by government.
- paying business rates for the premises as at 14th October 2020.
Businesses required to close under local restrictions are:
- pubs and bars
- indoor gyms and fitness and dance studios
- sports facilities (subject to exemptions for elite sport, activities for children and disability sport)
- adult gaming centres
- betting shops
Businesses required to close under national restrictions are:
- sexual entertainment venues and hostess bars
Your business will not qualify for support under this scheme if it was in administration, insolvent or a striking off order was made at the time local restrictions started.
How much is the grant and when will it be paid?
The amount you get depends on the rateable value of your premises. You will receive support for every two weeks your business is closed and this will be paid every two weeks that you are required to remain closed.
|Rateable value of premises||Grant payment per 2 weeks||Grant payment per 4 weeks|
|£15,000 or under||£667||£1334|
|£51,000 or over||£1500||£3000|
You can find the rateable value of your premises on your latest business rates bill, or check our commercial premises register online.
Do state aid rules apply?
The Local Restrictions Support Grant counts towards state aid. The rules are fully explained in the government state aid guidance. By accepting this grant you must confirm that you are not in breach of these rules.
Register your interest
If you meet the criteria for the Local Restrictions Support Grant you can register your interest and we will email you when the application process opens.