Help for businesses
Local Restrictions Support Grant
The Local Restrictions Support Grant helps businesses that have had to close due to local or national restrictions.
In Liverpool, this includes businesses that were required to:
- close under tier 3 restrictions - including pubs not serving main meals, betting shops, casinos, adult gaming centres and soft play areas - between:
- 14th October 2020 to 4th November 2020
- 31st December 2020 to 4th January 2021 (a pro rata payment will be made for these 5 days).
- close under tier 2 restrictions - pubs and bars unless operating as restaurants - between 2nd December to 30th December 2020
- close under national lockdown restrictions from:
- 5th November to 1st December 2020 - see GOV.UK website for list of businesses required to close under national restrictions
- 5th January 2021 - see GOV.UK website for list of business required to close under national restrictions from 5th January.
- remain closed on a national basis since 23rd March (nightclubs, sexual entertainment venues and hostess bars).
To qualify for this grant, your business must be in Liverpool and has been:
- open as usual before the restrictions.
- providing services in person to customers from the premises.
- required to close due to restrictions imposed by government.
- paying business rates for the premises before restrictions started.
Your business will not qualify for support under this scheme if:
- you have chosen to close but you were not required to.
- it was in administration, insolvent or a striking off order was made at the time local restrictions started.
How much is the grant and when will it be paid?
The amount you get depends on the grant schemes that you are eligible for and the rateable value of your premises. We will assess your application and tell you what payment or payments you will receive under each scheme.
|Rateable value of premises||Grant payment (Tiers 2 and 3) 14 day period (payable every 14 days)||National lockdown 5th Nov-1st Dec (one off payment)||National lockdown from 5th January 2021 (6 week payment)||National lockdown from 5th January 2021 (one off payment)|
|£15,000 or under||£667||£1334||£2001||£4000|
|£51,000 or over||£1500||£3000||£4500||£9000|
You can find the rateable value of your premises on your latest business rates bill, or check our commercial premises register online.
Do state aid rules apply?
Any grant award for the period before 1st January 2021 counts towards state aid. The rules are fully explained in the government state aid guidance. By accepting this grant you must confirm that you are not in breach of these rules.
How to apply
If you meet the criteria for the Local Restrictions Support Grant you can apply online below. We will review your application and let you know if you are entitled to a payment under each scheme.
If your business has previously been paid a Local Restrictions Support Grant we may be able to pay you without an application.