Help for people and communities
Ask for help
Are you self-isolating or clinically extremely vulnerable and previously shielding? Use the online form below to access a range of support.
What help can I get?
You can get help if you:
- have to self-isolate
- are clinically extremely vulnerable and were previously shielding - see our advice for extremely vulnerable people
We want to prioritise people who really need help, so please ask family, friends, neighbours or anyone else that you can call on first. We can offer support if you need to:
- find an emergency foodbank
- get help with your shopping
- ask for prescriptions to be collected
- chat to a friendly volunteer because you are lonely
- improve your mental health
- get help with an alcohol issue or stopping smoking
- ask for advice about an employment issue
How do I ask for help?
Use our online form below to request help. It takes no more than five minutes to fill out.
Alternatively, please call 0151 233 3066. Our lines are open Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm.
All personal data collected via this form will be shared with our scheme partners for the sole purposes of allocating the right resources to the right people at the right time.
This is key to us making sure we deliver support where it is most needed at this difficult time. This means your name, contact details and details about your needs will be shared with groups in the community who may also contact you directly.
Your data will be stored securely for a maximum of 12 months. When it is no longer needed it will be destroyed. We may have to adapt our data sharing methods as this scheme grows, but all changes will be carried out under existing data protection law.