Council Tax: Change of address

Use the button under the heading 'Change your address online now' further down this page to instantly change your address if you are moving:

  • Into or out of Liverpool.
  • From one address in the city to another.

You can do this no more than 14 days before you move in, or up to 60 days after.  If your move happened more than 60 days ago, please contact us instead.

Are you claiming Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support?

If you are claiming either of these benefits and want to tell us you are moving out of Liverpool or from one address in Liverpool to another please visit Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support: Change of address or circumstances.

Are you jointly responsible for Council Tax?

If you are jointly liable for Council Tax and the other resident is not moving out of the property with you, you cannot use My Council Tax online using the button below to change an address. In this case, please let us know by filling in our My Council Tax online support form.

Are you over 18 and never paid Council Tax?

If you are over 18 and have not been liable for Council Tax until now, please be sure to tell us your previous address in the free text field at the end of the process when you change your address using My Council Tax online, using the button below.

Change your address online now

Once you are ready, please use the button below to access My Council Tax online and select ‘Start’ under the ‘Council Tax Notification’ heading.

Access My Council Tax Online to change your address

Other things you need to do

Fair processing notice and data protection

Liverpool City Council has a duty to protect public funds it administers, and may use information held about you for the prevention and detection of fraud and other lawful purposes. Find out more.