Consultation and engagement
Consultation on proposals to review the organisation of special school provision in Liverpool
Start date: 16th March 2022
End date: 25th May 2022
What are we consulting on?
We are consulting on a proposal to reorganise special school provision across the city and the relocation of the following schools:
- Bank View School to relocate to Parklands Speke
- Princes School to relocate to Redbridge School
- Redbridge School to move to Bank View School
- New Heights Key Stage 4 Site to relocate from Parklands to the vacant school premises on Naylorsfield Drive
How to comment
We'd like to hear your views on this proposal. Please email your comments to email@example.com or write to: SEND Sufficiency Consultation, School Organisation Team, Children and Young People’s Services, Liverpool City Council, 5th Floor, Cunard Building, Water Street, Liverpool, L3 1DS.
What happens to my views?
Any comments received by letter or email will be reported to the Cabinet when it comes to take a decision on the proposals.
Any comments you make will be made public, but the papers will be edited before publication to preserve anonymity in compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
There will be a number of consultation events hosted by the schools. Details will be sent out to the parents by each school.
We will also be hosting online events on the dates below. Please register to attend either event.
- 30th March 2022 at 7pm - register for free via Eventbrite for 30th March 2021 2022 at 7pm
- 6th April 2022 at 7.00pm-8.30pm - register for free via Eventbrite for Wednesday 6th April 2022 at 7pm
- 20th April 2022 at 10am-12pm (LivPaC - Liverpool Parent Carers) - register for free via Eventbrite for Wednesday 20th April at 10am
- 28th April 2022 at 10am-12pm - register for free via Eventbrite for Thursday 28th April 2022 at 10am
What happens next?
Feedback from the consultation will be considered by Cabinet. If the Cabinet decides to continue with the proposals, a formal statutory consultation will be undertaken to further review the progression of the school moves.
Statutory notices will be posted at the schools and published in the Liverpool Echo, in the Autumn Term 2022. There will be a period of four weeks during which anyone can comment on or object to the proposals.
Any comments or objections received during this period will be reported to Cabinet which will then decide whether or not to approve the proposals.
If you have any questions about this consultation please email firstname.lastname@example.org.