Councillors & committees
MPs and MEPs
Member of Parliament (MP)
An MP represents a particular constituency and is elected by the voters of that constituency. The role of the MP is to represent the interests of all the people of their constituency in the House of Commons in London.
There are five MPs in Liverpool.
- Garston and Halewood Constituency - Maria Eagle MP, Labour Party - Unit House, Speke Boulevard, Liverpool, L24 9HZ. Tel: 0151 448 1167.
- Riverside Constituency - Kim Johnson, Labour Party - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Walton Constituency - Dan Carden, Labour Party - 66 Priory Road, Anfield, Liverpool, L4 2RZ. Tel: 0151 284 1160 - email@example.com
- Wavertree Constituency - Paula Barker, Labour Party - firstname.lastname@example.org
- West Derby Constituency - Ian Byrne, Labour Party - email@example.com
Member of the European Parliament (MEP)
An MEP is an elected representative of a particular region and their role is to represent the interests of the people in their region at the European Parliament.
There are 73 MEPs in the UK, split across 12 electoral regions, and each region has between three and 10 MEPs.
North West MEPs
There are eight MEPs in the North West region who represent the interests of the people of Liverpool and consist of members from Green Party, Labour Party, Liberal Democrats and the Brexit Party.