Our vision, aims and values
Our vision, aims and values
Liverpool City Council exists to serve, safeguard and represent the interests of its citizens and communities and to ensure the provision of the best possible services for its residents.
Liverpool City Council is committed to making Liverpool a strong city through inclusive and sustainable growth, and building a fair city through breaking the cycle of deprivation, improving health and tackling poverty.
We will provide trusted leadership and deliver our vision through three enablers:
- transforming our services by developing new ways of working that empower citizens and stakeholders to work alongside us to achieve our vision
- investing our time, energy and resources on our priorities through a commercially minded approach to achieving outcomes
- strengthening our partnership working across the city and the city region to ensure everyone is working to the same end of improving outcomes for our residents.
1. Investing in our children and young people
All our children and young people enjoy the best possible quality of life and are able to reach their full potential.
2. People who live well and age well
Improve health and wellbeing for all, prevent ill health, promote independence and provide quality personalised care and support for those who need it.
3. Quality homes in thriving neighbourhoods
All residents have access to quality housing and feel a sense of belonging and wellbeing living in a safe and sustainable neighbourhood.
4. A strong and inclusive economy
Growing an increasingly modern, productive, and fair economy where the benefits of growth are more equitably shared amongst all citizens.
5. A connected and accessible city with quality infrastructure
Smart, clean, accessible and integrated infrastructure that meets the needs of a modern and productive city and its residents.
6. Liverpool – the most exciting city in the UK
Growing Liverpool’s reputation as a cultural and sporting capital and the most exciting city in the UK in which to live, visit, work, study and invest.
Our core values
Liverpool City Council's CORE Values are underpinned by our shared ethos - 'One Team, One Council'.
Can do, positive attitude
- We lead by example
- We do everything we can to make a difference.
- We are reliable and do what it takes to deliver.
Open to innovation, new ideas and technology
We look for new and better ways of doing things.
We are open to change and welcome new challenges.
We listen to other people’s ideas and welcome feedback.
Respectful and Accountable
- We are open, honest and trustworthy.
- We do the things we say we will do.
- We value and respect our customers and each other and will challenge discrimination and inequality.
Enabling and Supportive
- We build relationships and work collaboratively with others to achieve the best outcome.
- We encourage and empower people to build on their own strengths and abilities to achieve their potential.
- We take pride in our own and others’ achievements and celebrate success.