Children and families
Children and Young People's Mental Health (CAMHS) Strategy and Transformational Plan
In November 2014, Liverpool Mental Health and Emotional Wellbeing Partnership Board (MHEWB) launched their 3 year strategy to improve the mental health of children and young people and their families in Liverpool.
Following this launch a national inquiry into Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) in England took place, and the findings published in a report called Future in Mind: Promoting, protecting and improving our children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing.
This report outlines a number of recommendations that every Clinical Commissioning Group in England needs to work towards in partnership with wider stakeholders including local authorities, schools, NHS providers, youth justice, the police, the voluntary and community sector and most importantly children, young people and parents/carers.
Each CCG within England was asked to submit a five-year transformational plan to outline how they would meet the recommendations within the Future in Mind report. Liverpool’s Plan was underpinned by the original three-year strategy.
Both the strategy and transformational plan should be read together. We have also produced a summary of the plan.
- Liverpool's Children and Young People Mental Health and Emotional Wellbeing Strategy 2014-17.
- Liverpool's Children and Young People Mental Health and Emotional Wellbeing Transformational Plan.
- Summary of Children and Young People’s Mental Health and Emotional Wellbeing Transformational Plan for Liverpool 2015-2020.
Transformation plan refresh 2017/2018
Part of the NHS assurance framework around the transformation plan is that a refreshed plan is produced annually. It outlines progress during the last two years and the next steps for future developments to support children and young people’s mental health and emotional wellbeing.
- Further information on children and young people’s mental health and emotional wellbeing in Liverpool can be found at www.liverpoolcamhs.com.
- If you have any queries regarding the transformation plan or transformation plan refresh, please contact us at email@example.com.