Crime and community safety
Public Space Protection Orders
A Public Spaces Protection Order (PSPO) is made under Section 59 of the Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014.
It specifies an area where activities are taking place that are detrimental to the quality of life of those in the area and can impose conditions and restrictions on people using the specified area, such as a prohibition on the consumption of alcohol and restricting the public right of way by the erection of gates.
View the current orders below.
- Everton area of Liverpool (made on 24th July 2018)
- City centre PSPO: Prohibition of the consumption of alcohol in public places (made on 24th May 2018)
- L8 and L17 areas of Liverpool (made on 27th April 2018)
- Cornett Road PSPO (made on 27th October 2017)
- Belle Vale (made on 24th February 2017)
- Devonfield Gardens (made on 8th December 2016)
- Dawson Street PSPO (made on 28th October 2016)
- Rockfield Road PSPO (made on 20th September 2016)
- Tetlow Street to Marius Close, Newby Street and Health Close PSPO (made on 9th September 2016)
- Speke Area PSPO (made on 6th September 2016)
- Hollingworth Close PSPO (made on 24th July 2015)
- Tuebrook PSPO (made on 24th July 2015)
- Kensington PSPO (made on 24th July 2015)
Dog control PSPOs
- Dog Control PSPO Anfield, Kirkdale and County wards: Exclusion
- Dog Control PSPO Anfield, Kirkdale and County wards: Leads by direction
- Dog Control PSPO Anfield, Kirkdale and County wards: Leads on roads
- Dog Control PSPO citywide: Fouling