Plan making in Liverpool
Local Plan Examination
Liverpool City Council submitted the Submission Draft Liverpool Local Plan for independent examination in May 2018.
The submitted documents include the following:
- Liverpool Local Plan – Submission Draft May 2018
- Liverpool Local Plan – Submission Draft Policies Map and City Centre Inset Policies Map May 2018
- Liverpool Local Plan – Submission Draft Sustainability Appraisal Report (including Technical Appendices and Non-Technical Summary) including Strategic Environmental Assessment and incorporating Equalities Impact Assessment and Health Impact assessment
- Infrastructure Delivery Programme 2018
- Regulation 22 Statement Of Consultation
- Copies of ‘duly made’ representations received following publication of the Pre-Submission Liverpool Local Plan (Regulation 20), and
- Other supporting documents and information relevant to the preparation of the Local Plan.
In December 2018 the independent Inspector appointed by the Secretary of State sent a list of initial detailed comments and questions to the City Council.
The City Council responded in September 2019 and in May 2020 the inspector issued his matters and issues questions. The council and all participants responded by 13th July 2020.
Notice of Independent Examination Hearing
The Inspector appointed to carry out the independent examination, David Spencer BA (Hon) DipTp MRTPI, will be holding a number of public hearing sessions on Tuesday 13th October from 10am.
These will take place virtually via Microsoft Teams and a link will be published on this website in due course.
For further details visit the Programme Officer's website via the link below.
Helen Wilson is the Programme Officer for the Examination, she is an impartial officer of the Examination and works under the direction of the Inspector.
The Programme Officer publishes documentation and other details about the Local Plan Examination, including the Examination Documents list.
More documents and details will be posted as they are produced.
To enquire about the examination, please contact Helen using the details on the Programme Officer's website.