Plan making in Liverpool
Local Plan Examination
Liverpool City Council has submitted the Submission Draft Liverpool Local Plan for independent examination.
During consultation on the pre-submission draft Liverpool Local Plan, a number of representations drew attention to an appeal decision that was issued during the consultation period (Land at Woolton Road, Allerton, Liverpool L18 9UZ, ref: APP/Z4310/W/16/3166010) (the Allerton Priory Appeal Decision (APAD) arguing that it has a significant bearing on whether the plan can be found sound. The appeal decision concluded that the council could not show that it had at least a 5 year supply of deliverable housing sites.
The evidence on which the council relied in respect of the appeal was its 2016 Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment (SHLAA) which has also been used in support of the Local Plan.
In order to address this matter the council will publish a new SHLAA and viability appraisal (VA) in order to demonstrate an adequate housing land supply. Both the SHLAA and the VA are close to completion and are expected to be available from late September 2018 when they will be published for comment for a period of six weeks. All respondents that wish to do so will also be able to supplement or amend their original representations made under Regulation 20 earlier this year.
The submitted documents include the following:
- Liverpool Local Plan – Submission Draft May 2018
- Liverpool Local Plan – Submission Draft Policies Map and City Centre Inset Policies Map May 2018
- Liverpool Local Plan – Submission Draft Sustainability Appraisal Report (including Technical Appendices and Non-Technical Summary) including Strategic Environmental Assessment and incorporating Equalities Impact Assessment and Health Impact assessment
- Infrastructure Delivery Programme 2018
- Regulation 22 Statement Of Consultation
- Copies of ‘duly made’ representations received following publication of the Pre-Submission Liverpool Local Plan (Regulation 20), and
- Other supporting documents and information relevant to the preparation of the Local Plan.
Helen Wilson is the Programme Officer for the Examination, she is an impartial officer of the Examination and works under the direction of the Inspector.
The Programme Officer has a webpage (see button below) which includes all of the documentation and other details about the Local Plan Examination.
You can download the list of submission documents. These are also posted on the website below via the + sign next to the ‘Examination News’ tab. More documents and details will be posted on the site as they are produced.