Voting and elections
European Parliamentary Election - 23rd May 2019
Elections for the European Parliament take place every five years.
The next election is scheduled to take place in the UK on Thursday 23rd May.
There are 751 Members of the European Parliament (MEPs). Of those, 73 represent the UK. Eight Members represent the North West region.
How to vote
If you are a UK or Commonwealth citizen and already registered at your current address then you do not need to do anything - a poll card will be delivered to you at the end of April or early in May.
- Last date to register to vote - 7th May 2019.
- Last date for receipt of postal vote applications - 8th May 2019 at 5pm.
- Last date for receipt of proxy vote applications - 15th May 2019 at 5pm.
If you are a registered European Union citizen then you will need to complete the European Union Parliamentary election registration form that has recently been sent to you. If you do not have this form please download a copy and post it to Electoral Services, Cunard Building, Water Street, Liverpool, L3 1AH by no later than Tuesday, 7th May to be eligible to vote at this election.
For further information on the European Parliamentary Election, please visit www.northwestvotes.gov.uk.
Alternatively, view the Electoral Commission's information on European Parliamentary elections.
Counting will take place on Sunday 26th May and the results for the North West region will be published on the North West Votes website after 10pm.
Official notices of election
- Notice of Election European Parliamentary Elections 2019
- Notice of Particulars of Agents and Sub Agents (Edited) for the European Parliamentary Election on Thursday 23rd May 2019
- Statement of Individual Parties and Candidates Nominated and Notice of Poll for the European Parliamentary Elections on Thursday 23rd May 2019
- Situation of Polling Station Notice
- European Parliamentary Election North West 2019 – Final Result of Verification Summary
- European Parliamentary Elections 2019 – Statement of Local Totals