Voting and elections
May elections 2021
On 6th May 2021, four elections are scheduled to take place in Liverpool.
These elections are:
- Local elections – to elect councillors for all 30 wards in the city
- Mayor of Liverpool election
- Police and Crime Commissioner for Merseyside election
- Combined Authority Mayoral Election for the Liverpool City Region
If you wish to stand as a candidate at any of these elections or would like any further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Safe voting in polling stations
A number of measures will be put in place to help ensure polling stations are safe for everyone to use. These include:
- additional and regular cleaning of polling stations
- the use of protective screens between staff and electors
- the introduction of social distancing and queuing measures which may result in electors having to wait outdoors for a period and
- the requirement for people attending polling stations to wear face coverings, unless exempt
Hand sanitiser will be available for use by electors who may also choose to take their own pen or pencil to mark their ballot papers.
Apply for a postal vote
If you don't want to visit a polling station for any reason you can apply for a postal vote instead. This is a safe and secure way to vote and enables you to cast your vote ahead of election day. The deadline for receipt of applications to vote by post for these elections is 5pm on Tuesday 20th April 2021 though you should apply as soon as possible.