Fuel poverty and energy efficiency
What we do
The Healthy Homes team provide free help and advice to local people who are struggling to pay their energy bills and heat their homes.
If you, or someone you know, cannot keep your home warm at a reasonable cost and meet our eligibility criteria we can:
- Provide emergency fuel payments.
- Install a full central heating system.
- Carry out boiler safety checks, repairs and replacements.
- Install double glazed windows and doors.
- Replace radiators.
- Draft proof your property.
- Make minor repairs to casement windows.
- Change you lighting to LED lighting which is ten times more efficient.
You can speak to a member of our team or arrange a free home visit by calling Freephone: 0800 012 1754 or email email@example.com.
Where you can find us
- GP surgeries.
- Hospital discharge wards.
- Respiratory clinics.
- CAB offices.
- Community groups and centres.
All Healthy Homes officers wear a Healthy Homes uniform and carry their Liverpool City Council identification badge. If you are in any doubt, you can call us on Freephone 0800 0121 754 to check.
What should I expect?
If you decide you would like our help, we will ask you a series of questions about your health and home and record them on a form. These questions are designed to help us identify any health or support needs you may have. We will also complete a full energy assessment of your property.
We work closely with a wide network of partners who provide support services to local people. This means that we can put residents in contact with organisations who can help them. Some of these partner include:
- Citizen Advice Bureau.
- Smokefree Liverpool.
- Merseyside Fire Service.
You can read more about the other service providers we work with on our partners page.