Work in children's social care
Benefits of working with us
There are so many benefits to being a permanent employee in a place that values and looks after its staff.
Make a difference
Permanence can help make a real change:
Recognition and belonging
Permanence can give you a sense of place:
- Gain a sense of belonging and identity
- Give and receive support from your team
- Develop positive relationships with your managers
- Be part of your LA improvement vision
- Be recognised for your dedication and commitment
- Be part of an inclusive culture and organisation
Training and development
Permanence means you get ongoing training and development:
- Excellent in house training
- Bespoke training and development
- Access to Cheshire and Merseyside Teaching Partnership training
- ASYE support, guidance and incentives (dependent)
- Quality supervision and support from managers
- Commitment to personal development reviews
Permanence means additional benefits and security:
- Job security
- Guaranteed income
- Market supplements (dependent)
- No personal finance management costs or agency fees
- No need to understand changes in tax arrangements for self-employed
- Access to council human resources team and payroll
- Professional indemnity and personal liability insurance cover
Health and wellbeing
Permanence means we care about your health and wellbeing:
- Up to 32 days paid annual leave
- Flexi time scheme
- Unpaid leave options
- Statutory sick pay
- Statutory maternity, paternity and adoption scheme
- Special leave policy
- Paid time off for volunteer scheme
- Aid to recruitment scheme
- Access to discount schemes and wellbeing offer
- Access to occupational health and employee assistance programme
- Recognition rewards and celebratory events
- Access to the council's wider health and wellbeing offer
Permanence means access to a range of employee schemes:
- Car user allowances (dependent) and car mileage reclaim scheme
- Pension scheme with employers contribution
- Free parking at office bases (dependent)
- Access to annual eye test and employee discounts
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Public transport deductions
- Cycle to work scheme
- All the other benefits of working for Liverpool City Council.
So why else choose us?
As well as all the benefits above, and more, as a service we want to achieve the best possible outcomes and make a difference for children and families in our great city.
- We are ambitious and forward thinking, always looking for new ways to improve practice - we are currently looking at introducing the Family Safeguarding Model to Liverpool.
- Liverpool is an amazing and diverse community; our staff have great team spirit and you will be welcomed by motivated and enthusiastic colleagues.
- We have strong experienced managers who are there to help and support you in your role as a social worker.
- We have good learning and development opportunities to support and enhance your practice.
- There are good opportunities for you to progress your career in social work.
- You will have a varied and interesting caseload and opportunities to develop your skills and expertise.