Health and wellbeing
Our vision is that Liverpool City Council has a culture and environment that promotes and supports health, safety and wellbeing for all of our people.
We’ve held the Workplace Wellbeing Charter since 2017 a self-assessment scheme that provides the City Council with the opportunity to demonstrate its commitment to the health and wellbeing of the workforce which can be linked to a reduction in sickness absence, a reduction in staff turnover and improvements in productivity.
To improve the health and wellbeing of our workforce we have a range of resources available including:
- All staff have access to the full range of resources provided through our Employee Assistance Programme which includes confidential mental health support and counselling. The advantage of this wellbeing offer is you don't have to seek manager referral it’s instantly available.
- Access to an app, free of charge, which provides information on total wellbeing including self help materials around mental health, exercise, nutrition and more. You can also book your own counselling sessions here through the ‘virtual world’.
- Mental Health and Wellbeing Champions who are Mental Health First Aid trained and have the skills to provide reassurance for colleagues experiencing mental health issues or distress.
- The council has teamed up with The Samaritans in Liverpool and Merseyside to offer a 24 hour ‘call back service’ which is designed to help any member of staff who needs to talk to someone if they are struggling mentally.
- A range of free courses to raise awareness of mental health and wellbeing, suicide prevention, creative thinking and more.
- A Health Intervention Scheme to improve employee wellbeing through one-to-one physical activities.
- Let’s Get Active a range of free lunchtime online classes delivered via zoom by staff from our Leisure Services including yoga, total tone and HIIT.
- Open Access Clinics run by our Occupational Health Nurse where you can talk to you about any work-related or health concerns you have, in complete confidence.
- Physiotherapy sessions through a specialist provider.