Street parties

You can apply for a road closure in order to hold a local street party to celebrate a Royal wedding or Jubilee, or to put on another type of community event.

We cannot close part of a major road or bus route. These events must be:

  • organised and funded by the applicant
  • no longer than three hours in duration - except for national events such as a Royal wedding when roads can be closed between 9am and 8pm
  • covered by Public Liability Insurance paid for by the organiser
  • agreed by the residents of the street before you apply

How much?

In the case of a Royal wedding or Jubilee, we won't charge for a road closure notice or the signs and cones which manage traffic.

For all other community events, we will charge £2,500 (excluding VAT) for a road closure notice, and you must organise and pay for street signs and barriers. 

How to apply

Complete the online street party application form below.

Your request to hold a street party using a road closure will then be considered, and a response sent back to you within five working days explaining the next steps. All street party application for the Queen's Platinum Jubilee Event, must be received no later than 6th May 2022.

Read our privacy notice which tells you how we use your data.

Submit a street party application online