Health and wellbeing
Public Health Liverpool
Public Health Liverpool aims to improve the health and wellbeing of all our residents with a focus on preventing ill health. We commission both preventative and treatment services, working across the council and with the NHS and other partners.
Primary functions include:
- Sexual health provision
- Immunisation and screening plans
- National Childhood Measurement Programme (NCMP)
- NHS health check assessments
- Drug and alcohol programme
- School nursing and health visitor service
- Deliver health care advice and statistical analysis
We also encourage people to live healthier lifestyles with a range of advice on stopping smoking, drinking less and how to enjoy being active:
Through the Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA), we identify the key issues affecting the health and wellbeing of our residents, both now and in the future. The JSNA forms the basis of all commissioning plans across health, social care, public health and children's services. This ongoing process includes reviewing a wide range of information and data, as well as service user and community views.