Leisure, parks & wellbeing
Pitch hire guidelines from 14th October 2020
Restrictions for spectators attending amateur football matches
From midnight 14th October the Liverpool City Region (LCR) was placed in the Local C 'very high' tier-three Covid alert level.
Liverpool City Council and its partners would like to update all leagues and teams who use council operated grass and 3G football pitches about how this affects the continuation of grassroots football.
All Liverpool City Council operated grass and 3G pitches will remain open with the following restrictions in place.
- No spectators are allowed to attend any adult amateur football match taking place on Liverpool City Council operated grass or 3G pitches. Only the referee, players and manager of each team should attend matches.
- For junior football matches, one parent or guardian will be allowed to attend a match with their child.
- It is mandatory that face coverings are worn in all publically accessible indoor areas such as changing pavilion toilets.
- Travel within the LCR (Areas of Liverpool, Knowsley, Sefton, St Helens, Wirral and Halton) is permitted.
- Travel in/out of the LCR Area is permitted only for work purposes i.e. referees.
- We would ask that all teams and leagues are extra vigilant during this period of tier-three restrictions.
We understand that the restrictions above, which will be reviewed in line with government Covid-19 legislation, may cause inconvenience but it is vital that they followed to enable grassroots football to continue in a safe manner whilst keeping infection rates in the Liverpool City region as low as possible.
Use of pavilions and facilities
We would also once again like to remind teams that where we have pavilions and facilities on site. These remain accessible for use of the toilets only, with face coverings mandatory, changing rooms and showers remain closed.
Anyone entering the building needs to scan the QR codes clearly displayed in the communal areas to access the NHS Track and Trace app. Team signing-in sheets remain in use and should be completed promptly on arrival.
For those teams that play on 3G hub sites the signing in process already in place at these facilities should continue to be followed.