Help for businesses
Hospitality, Leisure and Retail Support Grant (Expanded Scheme)
Liverpool City Council, its neighbouring local authorities and the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority, are launching the Hospitality and Leisure Support Grant (Expanded Scheme) in response to restrictions impacting hospitality, leisure and retail businesses in the region.
It is designed to support businesses that have not been eligible for or received funds from other support grants, including the Liverpool City Region Hospitality and Leisure Grant and the Local Restrictions Support Grant.
Who can apply?
State Aid compliant small and micro businesses in the Liverpool City Region that have been trading on or before 11th March 2020, in the following categories:
- Non-essential commercial retail businesses forced to close due to national restrictions.
- Supply chain businesses that directly supply the hospitality and leisure sectors.
- Self employed, sole traders and home based businesses working in the hospitality and leisure sectors (licensed market traders, photographers, artists and performers etc)
A small businesses is defined as one that can satisfy two or more of the following requirements in a year:
- Maximum turnover of £10.2 million.
- Balance sheet total no more than £5.1 million.
- Maximum of 50 employees.
A micro businesses is defined as one that can satisfy two or more of the following requirements:
- Maximum turnover of £632,00.
- Balance sheet total no more than £316,000.
- Maximum of 10 employees.
You must also be able to demonstrate that your business was still trading on or before 1st October and has been significantly impacted by Covid-19 restrictions. Your business will not qualify for support if it is in administration, insolvent or a striking off order has been made.
How to apply
Applications for this fund are managed via a centralised portal for the Liverpool City Region.
How much will I get?
The amount awarded depends on the rateable value of the commercial premises you occupy.
|Rateable value (or annual rent equivalent) up to £15k||Rateable value (or annual rent equivalent) £15,001 to £51,000||Rateable value (or annual rent equivalent) over £51,000||One off payment|
|Self-employed, sole trader, home based limited company||£1,500|
We aim to pay the grant by BACS within 10 working days of your application being approved.