Coronavirus update : Library services
Central Library, Breck Road Library, Croxteth Library, Dovecot Library, Spellow Library, Wavertree Library, Fazakerley Library and Norris Green Library are now open. Find out about the restricted services and opening hours, and the safety measures in place. A decision on reopening the remaining libraries will be made in the coming weeks. You can still access our free Read Liverpool online services.
Walton Library (Life Rooms) is owned and managed by Mersey Care NHS Trust with the following services and facilities:
- An employment and enterprise hub to help Mersey Care service users get back to work through volunteering opportunities and further education.
- Advice and information sessions for service users and carers.
- A library for learning and health and wellbeing.
- A children's library area.
- Mersey Care Recovery College classrooms.
- Meeting spaces for community groups.
- A free IT suite for everyone to use.
- A cafe run by a local social enterprise, North Perk.
- Interview areas for private one-to-one conversations enabling confidential support.
- An open area for community events, art exhibitions and cultural activities for everyone.
If Bank Holiday opening hours vary, we'll display a notice at the top of this page telling you what the changes are.