Libraries customer update
As the government's mandatory restrictions have been eased, we have extended our library opening hours with the aim of returning to normal hours in the Autumn, subject to staffing arrangements.
Some Covid-safe measures remain in place across all libraries in line with Liverpool City Council protocols. This includes using hand sanitiser and social distancing.
We respectfully ask all customers to continue to wear a face covering, unless exempt.
The Home Library Service will continue to provide books to vulnerable customers across the city and we are pleased to announce the return of our book reservation services.
Revised opening hours
The following libraries are open for browsing and computer use.
- Central Library – Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday 9am to 5pm. Tuesday and Thursday 12pm to 8pm. You will need to book an appointment to use the archive search room and microfilm machines. See search room details and how to book an appointment.
- Allerton Library – Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 10am to 6pm. Saturday 10am to 4pm
- Breck Road Library - Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 4.30pm. Friday 8.30am to 3.30pm
- Croxteth Library - Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 4.30pm. Friday 8.30am to 3.30pm
- Fazakerley Library – Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm
- Garston Library – Monday and Tuesday 9am to 4pm
- Lee Valley Library – Thursday 10am to 5pm
- Norris Green Library – Monday, Tuesday, and Friday 10am to 6pm. Saturday 10am to 4pm
- Old Swan Library – Monday and Tuesday 10am to 6pm, Friday 10am to 5pm.
- Sefton Park Library – Wednesday 10am to 6pm, Thursday and Friday 10am to 5pm
- Spellow Library – Monday and Wednesday 10am to 6pm, Thursday 10am to 5pm
- Toxteth Library – Monday and Tuesday 10am to 6pm
- Wavertree Library – Monday and Tuesday 10am to 6pm, Thursday 10am to 5pm
- Parklands Library – Thursday and Friday 9am to 4pm
Childwall, West Derby and Walton (Life Rooms) libraries remain temporarily closed but we will resume services at these locations as soon as possible.
How to book a computer
To book a computer in Central Library please email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message on 0151 233 5835.
For computer bookings in the community libraries, please call 0151 233 3069 and you will be put through to your chosen library site.