Consultation on the next phase of pop-up cycling routes
We want to hear your views about cycling in your local area and give us feedback on our proposals for the next four cycle routes.
Pop-up cycle lanes
In response to the Covid-19 and the increased interest in cycling as a safe way to travel, seven new temporary pop-up cycle lanes are being created in Liverpool.
These new routes will help connect people to the city’s permanent cycle network.
Where will the new lanes be?
Liverpool’s seven pop-up cycle routes are:
- Route 1. West Derby Road – Kensington – City South
- Route 2. Sefton Park to City Centre – Sefton Park perimeter – Sefton Park Road
- Route 3. Liverpool Loop North: Bootle New Strand – Bank Hall – Vauxhall – City Centre
- Route 4. East Lancs – Townsend – Breck Road – City Centre
- Route 5. East Prescot Road – University Hospital – London Road – City Centre
- Route 6. University Route: Gateacre – Woolton Road – Wavertree – Lawrence Road – Crown Street – Myrtle Street – City Centre
- Route 7. Liverpool Loop South: Hale – Speke Boulevard – Garston Village – Aigburth Road – City Centre
How do I comment on the new lanes?
This survey has now closed but you can see what comments were made using the button below.
How are the lanes funded?
Funding for the lanes will be found from the council’s highways investment programme and the Emergency Active Travel Fund established by the Department of Transport.
In addition, the council is currently overseeing a £45m upgrade to city centre connectivity and is introducing seven miles of new permanent cycle lanes.
We want to hear your views on how to promote cycling in the city. Please email us with your ideas.