Fines and challenges
Accepted reasons for a formal challenge
- The alleged contravention did not occur.
- I was not the owner/keeper of the vehicle at the time of the contravention.
- The vehicle was stolen or taken without my consent.
- We are a hire firm, and can provide evidence that the hirer signed an appropriate liability form.
- The penalty charge exceeded the relevant amount.
- There has been a procedural impropriety by the enforcement authority.
- The traffic order is invalid.
- I have paid the fine either in full or the appropriate discount.
- Regulation 10 PCN only - there was no PCN notice on vehicle and the enforcement officer was not prevented from serving the PCN.
- Other grounds.