Blue Badge appeals
How to appeal if your Blue Badge application has been refused.
We will send you an email that explains why your application has been refused.
Under Department for Transport regulations, a Blue Badge may be refused if:
- you hold or have held a Blue Badge and misuse of it has led to at least one relevant conviction
- you fail to provide us with adequate evidence of your eligibility, either as an individual or organisation
- you fail to pay the fee
- we believe you are not the applicant
- we believe the applicant would permit use of the Blue Badge by another person
If you wish to appeal this decision, please use the online appeals form below.
What happens next?
We normally contact you with our decision within one month, but it may take longer if we need to request further evidence.
If we decide not to award a Blue Badge we will write to you with a full explanation. Our decision is final and you cannot reapply for a Blue Badge for six months unless:
- there is a significant deterioration to your medical condition which affects your mobility
- you subsequently receive the Higher Rate Mobility Component of your Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment.
- you are prescribed new medication related to your mobility